What's new

Shavemac Special Grade Real Horn

I have been using my custom brush now for a couple of weeks and it would be hard to say all of the great things about this brush. I use it as a bowl brush for TOBS cream and it makes enough lather for many passes with just a peanut size bit of cream. Mantic videos show about a minute to generate lather, not with this brush..about 30 seconds. Great feel on the face, holds lots of water. High on price but you get what you pay for. The size is great, 21 mm knot, 50mm loft. Perhaps i should have bought a bigger handle for ergonomics but it is still just fine. This is a phenomenal brush! Better than my Rooney Heritage, better than my Vulfix Best.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
I have been reading the forum so I guess it is time to give back.

This is easily the best brush I have ever used. Bernd made this for me custom. This is a special grade silvertip that is more expensive than the standard shavemac silvertip and feels softer and definately stiffer. My points of reference are several silvertip shavemacs, Rooney supers, Vulfix, Simpson PJ's in super and top end EJ's.
View attachment 30124

This is a 21mm knot which is very dense. I have compared it to another brush that is the same size...it is the Rooney2/1 in super silvertip. It is much denser and waaaay softer. It is denser than my PJ2 in super and waaaay softer. I have used this with both soaps and creams and is very effective with both. Great for face lathering as well as bowl. The brush has a very luxurious feel to it and still retains plenty of resilience without any prickliness at all. I have never used a rooney finest or a heritage but I am hard pressed to think of anything that is such a good combination of softness and density
View attachment 30131

Look at the density compared to the rooney2/1. Also the tips are much creamier and whiter

lathers up a storm but is a hog and keeps a lot of lather inside. This is in real horn so is a beauty. Only knock I have is that the shape although beautiful is sometimes not very ergonomic.
View attachment 30130
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips