What's new

Shavemac SMF Brush

Agreed with everything above. The is an amazing brush. Hands down my favorite... with my SR following closely behind.

I simply love the larger bottom on the handle.. for me, it makes all the difference in the world when generating lather.

I can't imagine a better brush than this one. Thanks to HLSheppard for the hookup!!!! :thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
I would never part with my SMF1! I even bring it with me on the road (if I'm not flying). I would have rated the density a ten, but my new Shavemac VLB brush is even denser than the SMF1. The pure sensuous feel of the SMF1, both in the hands and on the face, can not be adequately described by me. Bernd is a real shave brush artiste.

Wayne, counting down the hours 'til the next shave :smile:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Of the only big brush I have, I love this one.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
I was fortunate enough to find one of these beauties in the Shaving Mall, needless I say, I snagged it up as soon as I could. I had always heard great things about this brush, but what I experienced was far better. This brush produces the best lather, I've ever come up with, I mean it, the best. Fantastic brush, super dense, soft, lathers amazingly. If you have the chance to purchase one of these, DO IT! No questions asked purchase an SMF I if you get the chance, it's a great investment. :thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
joel said:
God.... whoever set up that brush buy should be given a Ferrari.... wait - no..... 2 Ferrari's. :wink: :biggrin:

Joel,

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back! :eek:

And you know I love my brush! Good job!

Randy
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
God.... whoever set up that brush buy should be given a Ferrari.... wait - no..... 2 Ferrari's. :wink: :biggrin:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
After spooning over this custom, limited run Shavemac brush, I finally got my hands on one and let me say, it's incredible. Every aspect of this brush is sexy, from its curves to the way it hangs on the stand, it is a 5-star, two thumbs up winner. It is Bernd's work at its finest and this brush has all the bells & whistles.

Made of Cocobola wood, this wood handle has a beautiful burgandy, merlot red hue to it and the rings of the grain show through nicely. The Badger hair is genuine silvertip and the knot is 26mm. The brush stands rather tall, a good sized brush compared to others.

Hanging on the Stand
displayimage.php

A Close Up of the Handle
displayimage.php

The density of this brush is amazing!!
displayimage.php

Ok, so now you've seen this bad boy up close and personal, let's get down to business. Something that really amazes me about both the brand of cream I'm going to use (Taylor) and all of Shavemac's brushes, this one is no exception, is how well it lathers with such little cream. As you're going to see on my upcoming pic, I barely twisted the tips of the badger in the tub. I think you'll be amazed at the results.

I think this might be a good choice of Cream :smile:
displayimage.php

Now, I just took the brush off the stand and didn't soak it, I'm just going to run it under hot water and see what happens.

Hot water a Flowin'
displayimage.php

One Little Quarter Twist of the Tips in the Tub of Taylor's
displayimage.php

Now, I'm using a regular old stoneware bowl from Target with a smidgeon of water in the bottom. Maybe a tablespoon or so. So now, the swirls begin.

5 Swirls
displayimage.php

15 Swirls-The Brush Starts to Explode in Lather
displayimage.php

25 Swirls-Ok, This is Ridiculous..Look at the Lather this thing produces
displayimage.php

Now, the Arm & Hand Test- I think it passes :001_rolle
displayimage.php

Now, look at the remaining cream in the brush after a good 15-20 passes on the arm!
displayimage.php

Now, one squeeze of the Brush to show the lather quantity
displayimage.php

To summarize, this is an amazing brush that I really can not think of one bad thing to say about. The tips of the brush are intensely soft and unlike my other Shavemac, I can really feel the very tips of this brush tickling my face & neck. The tips are so soft, it's like silk. No joke. I would highly recommend this brush to anyone wanting to try to pry one away from someone who bought one back in July of 2005. Hooked into its stand, it's quite an impressive piece sitting on the counter. The bloom on the brush is just outstanding when it dries.

All in all, this brush is one showpiece and like all Shavemacs, it will last a lifetime. Great job to the designers of this brush and Bernd for his craftsmanship! Amazing. Fantastic brush! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
Top Bottom