What's new

Shavemac new handle D01-Silvertip brush

quick questions: what shape knot? Bulb or fan? Did you order online or from a local(ish) retailer?
Wow, what a cool-looking handle!
I just received Shavemac's new "Innovation of April" brush in D01-grade hair. The D01 knot offers an incredibly strong backbone, which is supported by the short 48mm loft, yet it is still as soft as you would expect it from a top notch silvertip brush. The lathering experience today was quite different from what I was used to. I also own a Edwin Jagger Super XL, two Shavemac finest and a Thiers-Issard pure badger brush. All are good brushes, though the EJ is too floppy for me despite its dense knot, probably due to the long loft. The "Innovation of April" outperforms all of them very easily. All but the D01-Knot tend to bend outwards during lathering, the D01 does not do that in the least. It creates a a very fine coat of lather on your face, which is not like the gobs of lather you might be used to when painting lather on your face with other brushes. At first this seems strange, but the shave was very good. Again, the experience is quite different, but it felt good. Because I don't have Rooney or Simpson brush, I cannot compare them to the Shavemac. Then again this special type of knot is considered to be the best there is, so why should I purchase more expensive brushes, when the chances of a better result are quite small. Not to mention I also get the best customer service available from Bernd.

As to the handle, it looks very unfamiliar, but for me it is perfect. I don't fancy special handles made out of rare wood or metal, all I look for is ergonomics, which is the strong point of the new brush.

The Innovation of April is my favorite brush and I will move forward to sell my other brushes in order to get a second one.

View attachment 50333

The line-up: EJ Super XL (26mm), Shavemac IoA (21mm), Shavemac Finest (21mm)
View attachment 50334View attachment 50335View attachment 50336
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips