What's new

Shavemac 436 26mm large handle silvertip

Just received yesterday and its HUGE in comparison the the C&E BBB I was using before. Its HUGE.

The first thing I noticed is that its HUGE, oh I already said that. Well its the perfect size for my shaving brush and now the handle doesn't get engulfed in the lather.

When lathering with T&H creme yesterday I noticed that the creme disappeared in the bowl. I'm not sure what happened and will try again tomorrow.

Today I used Tabac soap and it frothed up silly.

Any tips on using the shavemac beast w/creams is greatly appreciated.
I ordered this brush from Jim at Vintage Blades this last week. It is currently on sale for $114.00. It was too good a deal to pass up. I wanted a big soft brush for a while and this doesn't disappoint. I broke it in on the new triple milled lavender soaps also being offered from Jim and it produced nice thick rich lather with very little effort. I love the handle, it makes building lather in the bowl very easy and comfortable because of its large size. The tips are very soft, not quite as soft as my Rooney but I expect them to soften up in the next few weeks the more I use it. It has a nice backbone without being to rigid. It worked well on the soap which surprised me with it being such a large brush. This will no doubt make easy work of any creams if it produced the lather it did from this soap. It will be a tough choice on which brush I will choose each morning this one or my Rooney 2/1. The density is on par of that of my Rooney. See pictures for comparison. This is luxury at its best.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)