What's new

Shavemac 21mm Finest Badger Horn Imitation

I've just bought this brush with a fan shape custom knot. It's too soon to review it properly, but initial impression is that Shavemac's "finest" is evey bit as good as Rooney's "super silvertip".
Do you know what model # that was? Very cool looking handle
I recently bought this brush from shavemac, because the finest badger quality almost looked like the silver tip quality. I thought this was definitely worth checking out. I've tried this one with soaps and creams and it produces a great lather. There is no roughness on you face, it feels like a silver tip, so only somebody who is very experienced with brushes can tell the difference.

Price: 64,20€ is a good price for such a great product. I gave a 9, because Bock Pinsel produces a 28mm Silvertip for 60€, yet Shavemac's customer service is way better.

Quality: Outstanding! The best I've seen so far. It doesn't even smell bad, when you use it the first times. It looses no hair. Definitely better than my TI Pure Badger and Bock Chubby Olivewood.

Density: Very dense, everything you need here. I gave it an 8, because shavemac also produces special products, with a very dense knot.

Stiffness/Softness of Tips: Great to use with soaps, feels great on your face. There is no stinging.

Ergonomic: There is nothing bad I have to say about the handle. It does its job perfectly well.

Latherability: It produces great lather from soaps and creams, but I prefer to build lather in a mug when I use a brush in light bulb design. For face lathering I prefer a flat head brush.

Conclusion: If you have a pure badger brush and you want to upgrade to the next level, this one is a must have. If you already have a silver tip, check this one out, too, because you will be impressed with the quality of shavemac's finest badger hair.

GarageBoy;949660 said:
Do you know what model # that was? Very cool looking handle

Here's a link to Shavemac's website. I believe it's the same brush... I'm tempted... Very tempted!

http://www.shavemac.com/shop/product_info.php?info=p849_Shaving-Brush-22714.html
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)