Shark... Oh the Shark has, some fine shaves dear,

Pros: Smooth & Comfortable
Great longevity
Cheap as chips
Feels efficient
Only one wrapper to get through
Tiny glue dots that don't get on the blade edge
Cons: None
Obviously, these are subjective reviews here but for me these are great blades. Frankly, all of the Lord brand blades work well for me and these are widely available and incredibly cheap. ($8.75 for 100 on Amazon atm)

The Shark SS blades are very comfortable for me and provide a wonderful closeness. I always take longevity and price into account when purchasing things and these have, IMO, the best longevity to price ratio of all the blades I've tried.

I added in the pros that these blades come wrapped only once which is a pro for me as I find it silly that blades need to be double wrapped to protect them from something. Also, the glue dots that hold the blade in place in the wrapper are tiny on these which is wonderful as I often see the glue covering blade edges on other brands.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: It's forgiving.
Cons: It's dull and it bites.
I have tried a few types of DE blades and the Shark Super Stainless are the worst so far. The first use of a fresh blade feels like the blade is trying to bite your face off (ironically to the name). Any subsequent use feels like, well, nothing is really happening. The blade is so smooth, it's dull. To be fair, my facial hair is thick. However, Derby, which is also considered to be a smooth blade, gives me a good shave.

On the positive side, I guess they are forgiving. I didn't feel like I can easily cut myself even though my skin would feel irritated especially after the first shave. And yes, they are cheap, but many better blades are as well. Longevity is irrelevant IMHO since the blade just doesn't work for me.

I have used a few Shark blades and will give them another go until my pack of ten ends. My prediction is that I am never going to go back to these afterwards.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: Cool picture on box and name.
Cons: Not sharp at all.
I have very little to say about this blade. It is very cool looking packaging. The blade is wrapped nicely. I tried 2 blades because I thought the first one was not sharpened completely at the factory. I am not sure who could possibly like these. Tugged terribly from the start. It was really uncomfortable. I will never buy these blades.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: they were free
Cons: not close nor comfortable
I found it better quality than over-priced drug store no-names, and mine were free, however the shave I just had was very draggy and took many passes to get the same closeness I get from my Wilkinson or Personnas. I won't be buying them. Packing is pretty, but it's all paper.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Pros: got them free from a freind
Cons: pulls like a 2 dollar pocket knife
Did not even finish my first pass with this blade it pulled so badly. at some point i may try another blade just to be shure it wasnt just a bad blade but not ready to feel that pull again. even if the rest of the pack seemed fine i would not buy these again, nor recomend them to anyone.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Pros: None
Cons: Cheap
These were included with the purchase of a Parker 24c razor. The dispenser wouldn't allow removal of the blades as the slot was to narrow. Shaving with the blade was miserable. It tugged and left my neck with a redness that lasted two days. For me they are in the same class as Derby's though slightly better.

After so many positive reviews I expected better but they are not for me.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Inexpensive.
Cons: Sorry, but they don't work well in a shavette.
This is limited to using them in a shavette. The 1/2 blade sample I got wasn't sharp enough even for a WTG pass! I had purchased two Shavettes from shave nation, so I had a second 1/2 blade that I tried with a hot towel and Pacific shave cream and the same thing happened. So I guess for me the cheese stands alone.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: Price and Smooth shave for coarse beard type
Cons: None thusfar
The best shave I have ever had since my wedding day. Great for coarse beard types. Doesn't pull. Very smooth.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Good Price
Cons: 2 shave max is all I have been able to use
Not a bad blade, not as sharp as I was lead to believe, but not bad and would use again, would recommend you try them or you could miss out. All blades are the same standard no poor quality mix as some brands.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
(reposted from a discussion) Just used a SS last week for 5 days. zero nicks, cuts, or blood. Held its edge. Seems like it would be a fine daily razor. Seems to be a step or 2 above the white Wilk Sword for me. It wasnt sensational by any means, but it cut the hair off, didnt hurt, and didnt bleed. I was scared at fist as the paper wrapper and wax paper looked like it was folded and wrapped kinda shoddy. But it did fine for me. Nothing super-fab but didnt leave me crying. Not very smooth. I wussed out and dumped the blade at the end of the week. the burn at the end progressively got worse.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: The closeness, smoothness and comfort of these blades. :-D
Cons: In my opinion....none!!!!
I find Shark Super Chrome's to be moderately sharp, (perfect...with no pulling or tugging), very, very smooth, (albeit a 'weeper' now and then…but zero 'nicks'), very little to no irritation and no touch of razor burn resulting in DFS's in 3 passes (WTG, CTG and ATG), with 2 great shaves per blade (Saturdays are my shaving 'day off'). :thumbsup:
After trying many different blades over many, many years...Shark Super Chrome's are 'awesome' (my one and only go-to), blades and are very compatible with both of my Merkur 23C and 38C razors.
:straight: A razor [blade] can't be sharpened on a piece of velvet. Author Unknown
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I tried these in a slim and my Mergress and it was just not good for me. It tugged and pulled the whole time in both razors. I was able to get a passable shave, but it was in no way pleasant. I tried three different blades out of the pack and all were exactly the same. For me, there were three good points. First, they were consistent. All three blades were equally bad for me, so I guess that's good. Second, the price was good. The blades were bad for me, but they weren't expensive so I chalk the money lost up to an experiment. Lastly, I got to deal with Phil at Bullgoose. I have never had a less than amazing dealings with him and the shipping is always blazing fast. I wish these worked better for me, but I think I'm in the minority since many people have such great experiences with them.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
I have been using Derby's and Feathers and Sharks.
Derby's are Ok, Feathers are good but go blunt quite quickly.
I had been changing blades about every 5 shaves, I learnt to feel the 'tug' and that was when I changed blade.
I had been neglecting the Sharks, so decided to try one now I have more experience of the other blades.
Well I cannot lie. You will think I am mad....
But, as a test I decided to shave with the Shark until I feel the tug or the pain when you know a blade is blunt. I would then know how the Shark compares to the others.
Here's the thing, I am into my third week of shaving with the same Shark blade, and it still isn't tugging. Maybe I have got a haunted blade or something, but I am going to keep shaving until it tugs. Can't be much longer.
But I have to report what I find, and the longevity of these blades are staggering!
I wish I didn't have a 200 pack of Derby's or I would be buying a lifetime supply of Sharks.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Just bought these blades during my summer holidays in Turkey. Bought a pack (containing 5 blades) for (hold your breath!) 0,25 Turkish Lira or 0,125 Euro or 1.25 Swedish crowns or 18 Cents US. I bought 40 packets and just tried it this morning and WOW! One of the smoothest blades that I have ever used. Sharp but not as sharp as the Indian Wilkinson or the Indian Super Max but wow for the price quality ratio. I should have bought 300 (to last a life time!). Don't know about the longevity as yet. But WOW once again!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Price - Not sure: I picked these up in a sampler pack.
Quality - I really liked this blade. I feel like it is very well-made and delivers great results.
Sharpness - Very sharp. The edge is keen and hold well over time.
Longevity - It lasts about a week of shaving my thick Italian-descent whiskers daily in a 3-pass shave.
Smoothness of Shave - Smooth as silk.
Packaging - I would have bought anything with a shark on it when I was 8. 20 years later, I still would!
I have quite an array of DE blades to use and enjoy, and these Shark (super stainless) blades are at the top for a smooth comfortable and nick free shave that lasts at least a week ( i change blades every Saturday night). I have used about 20 of these blades and found them to be consistent in total shave quality so much that i have just purchased them in a quantity of 300. Go get some and have a nice shave :thumbup: ps. I purchased 300 for US $23.00 delivered to Australia....fantastic
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Hi all
I had to try them out ,put one in the trusty slant and got busy,not disappointed at all, good all round shave .Normally use feathers or derby ,got three shaves out of a blade ,3 passes each time . Could probably get another shave out the blade , will buy more.:001_smile
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I have been using Derby and thought they were fine.

I have been testing out the Shark for a few days now and have to give the edge to the Shark.

They give me a better shave than a host of other blades I have tried.

I realixe that blade preference for an individual is a YMMV thing, but you'd be doing yourself a favor by trying them if you haven't yet.

Smooth close comfortable shave. This is number one in my book with Derby being number 2 .
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I personally love these blades. However its worth noting that they are pretty sharp. They aren't feather sharp, but definitely treat them with respect. If I find myself loosing focus, I normally end up with a nick. Its a great blade at a pretty reasonable price, and for that reason is in my monthly rotation.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I got 50 of these blades (Super Chrome) from NTGuys last week and they have blown me away. I had my seventh close comfortable shave with the first blade this morning and I'll probably go eight in the morning. They are sharp and smooth. I've used Gillette 7 O'Clock SS for the past three months and got a max of three shaves per blade. I've gotten four shaves from Feathers but never seven shaves from a single blade. Trying new blades is fun but I just may stop here. I have a medium beard, used an original Tech with the triangular holes and Williams soap. I'll try them in a Gillette "New" next week. These are great blades and inexpensive too. Give them a try.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)