What's new

Sensitive Skin

Pros: Cheap, nice packaging, lathers easily
Cons: Not very protective, scent
I received a free 40g tube of this with the purchase of a brush. I was very much looking forward to trying this out based on its excellent presentation and nice packaging. Unfortunately, the cream inside was a disappointment.

Price: It's about the same price as Proraso.

Quality: The cream itself appears very nice. It has the same pearlescent appearance that many top creams seem to have. It also has a nice feel between the fingers. However, once lathered, I found it didn't work well for me.

Scent: This cream has a light Ajax scent. I've seen it described as lightly floral, but I honestly couldn't pick up any floral notes. It smells clean, like Ajax, but it's not a scent I enjoy during my morning shave.

Latherability: It lathers very easily...within seconds.

Efficacy: This is where this cream falls short. I tried lathering this product a few times. The first time, I used more water and got a nice voluminous lather. This, however, produced very anemic protection and I received a bit of razor burn (EJ de89 with Gillette Black blade). The next few times I tried lathering with less water and got a thick, yogurt-like lather. This gave me a little more protection and little more slickness, but my blade still skipped across my face leaving me with three parallel nicks that had to be treated with a styptic pencil.

Moisturizing Properties: because it lacked slickness, it didn't moisturize my face very well. I used a heavy winter balm afterwards, and my face felt OK afterwards (minus the redness). However, with most creams, this isn't an issue.

Packaging: It's excellent in appearance and function. The cap is well made and fits the tube tightly.

Overall: I normally rotate my creams weekly. Since I've started doing this, I've always stuck with a product even if it's not perfect. I can look past a poor scent, but once a product fails in performance, I set it aside. Who wants a red face for an entire week? This is one that I had to retire early and will probably never use again. There are just so many better performers out there at or below its price.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)