What's new

Sens Styptic Matches

I stumbled onto these styptic matches whilst buying online from The Gentleman's Shop. Living in NZ I get pretty much all my gear online and sometimes it's worth padding out the package to justify the shipping. I bought these as padding on the basis that I couldn't lose at the price, and I don't think I lost out! To be clear I have no involvement, financial or otherwise, with the vendor or manufacturer.

Price. This was the area I had to mark it down on. At GPB 1.75 for 20 matches in a matchbook it cost just less than nine pence a go. A quick online check shows I could get a styptic pencil at GBP 1.53.

Quality. Well made. There's a good amount of styptic on each wooden match.

Performance. Does exactly what it should do! After using a new blade I wasn't familiar with I had four weepers. One match dealt with all. I imagine with the amount of styptic on the match it should be quite possible to attend to a more significant bleeder.

Usefulness. Very useful. I found that I had more directional control over the application of the styptic to the cut.

Durability. I don't use styptic daily and find the pencils crumble despite my best attempts at drying after use. As long as you don't drop the book in the sink this should last to the last match.

Packaging. Easy to use, well presented.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance