What's new

Semogue 610

Pros: Works up a quick rich lather
Cons: Absolutely none
There is no floppy to this brush. It breaks in quickly. It is extremely comfortable in the hand and working up a good lather is very, very quick. There is no soap it cannot handle and when you are lathering your face it is comfortably luxurious and also firm enough to feel you are really cleansing and exfoliating your skin. My Kent BK8 is almost the complete opposite. The feel is luxurious. You don't feel badger hair as much as you feel the lather oozing out onto the skin. However you don't feel that you have had any exfoliation or cleansing of the skin. The Kent leaves you feeling pampered but the Semogue leaves you feeling GOOD, healthy, envigorated and clean. It is a different kind of envigorating luxury than the silvertip provides. It is my favorite boar over the years but anything is subject to change. My Semogue 1305 has a more comfortable to hold handle but unfortunately the wood and paint finish will have to be treated with kid gloves to keep the handle presentable. I wish Semogue would make these two knots with a comfortable to hold resin or acrylic handle..... preferably with the shape of the 1305 handle.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Well the semogue 610 with red and clear handle. What can you say about this great looking boar brush. It looks good, feels great in the hand and eats Arko shave soap sticks. The down sides are,

Possibly a little too floppy for a boar (for some)
Possibly not as dense as some other cheaper boars
Possibly not as stiff as some other brushes (for some)

For the money the brush is spot on and feels well put together and should last many years. If you want scrubby, stiff, and hard to break in then go for the Semogue 620.

All in all in you face lather, shower shave then you should have one of these in your rotation. If for nothing else just to look at :001_smile
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)