What's new

Scunci Shower Mirror

See the manufacturer's product page.

I picked one of these up in a local chain drugstore hoping for something that wouldn't fog up in the shower. I really wasn't expecting much and I'm surprised to still be using this five years later. At five or six bucks it was worth a gamble and has far exceeded my expectations.

The "fog free" seems to work pretty well, thought I usually dose it with saliva or hair conditioner before I start my shave. I also hit it with some spray-on shower cleaner once a week or so to cut down on soap scum.

The downside, at least for me, is in placing this thing. I prefer to shave facing away from the shower head so I've bought a sunction cup hook on which to hang the mirror. The suction cut lets go about once a month for no apparent reason and the mirror has been dropped several times. The viewing surface is still in good shape, though the plastic case has cracked around the edges. I know hang it on a shower caddy when it's not in use.

Although I prefer to use a magnifying mirror when shaving at the sink I do not use the maginification side of this. It's too small and too distorted.

All in all, a useful product that does what it's supposed to do.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)
Usefulness
4.00 star(s)
Performance
4.00 star(s)