What's new

SCS "Very V" EDT

The very v is an excellent scent. I got mine in the middle of winter. I expect it to be my every day scent come late spring.
VERY refreshing.
Everyone seems to like it.
What more could you ask for?
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Price: St Sue's products are priced great and would be worth the cost at twice the price. Compared to some of the other stuff available SCS EDTs are very inexpensive.

Quality: What more can I say but "GRRRReat"! St Sue puts her heart into make quality products and she stands behind them as well.

Packaging: The bottle this came in is much nicer than the one pictured here and on the SCS website. Nice touch with the little "lock" that keeps the spray pump from being accidentally pushed down and releasing some of that wonderful scent.

Scent: This is a product with a scent that you either lover or hate. I use the Very V shave cream and as a result I bought the EDT. My only problem is that it does not smell when I first apply it. It takes a couple minutes to dry and then I can smell it.

Staying Power: While the scent does eventually become almost non-existent, it takes almost all day to do that. And then even in the late evening my wife can smell it when she reaches up to give me a kiss!

Quality of Atomizer: Very good! St Sue has chosen a good solid piece of equipment to dispense this great smelling EDT!

Thank you Sue and now Wendy for developing and continuing this great product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
When you first put this on you might be a bit put off. This is a strong smoky vetiver that is not shy. It is right up there with Route de Vetiver by MDG in the wild and wooly territory. Then after a short time, it smoothes out in a way that's right up there with the Frederic Malle formulation, wonderful. This is not a sweet fragance, but it is wearable, masculine and enjoyable. it is also distinguished, sophisticated, and subtle during most of the day. Among the best, and when you consider cost, it is the best.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I like this scent, it is a little strong going on at first, but it mellows out pretty quickly. I find it is great when working outside in the heat, as it stays well and just keeps me smelling of something pleasing rather than sweat.
My atomizer of Saint Charles Shave's "Very V" EDT arrived in this afternoon's mail, along with a tub of her "Very V" shaving cream. I'll try the "Very V" shaving cream tomorrow morning, but right now I need to gush about the wonderful smell of her "Very V" EDT.

I'd never smelled vetiver, only read other people's postings, both good and bad; it seems that you're either one of thems that likes it, or one of thems that don't. I likes it... a lot.

Well, SCS Sue's "Very V" EDT is very vetiver, along with other (to my nose) complementary notes of lavender, florals (which ones remains a mystery to me), neroli, amber, and musk. I'll take her word for it; all I know is that it smells terrific!

I've never been much of an AS/EDT/cologne guy -- my upper limit was reached back in my Army days, with Old Spice and Brut (which I got rid of, along with Wife #1). But SCS Sue's "Very V" EDT is a keeper, and I don't care one whit who calls me a metrosexual or anything else.

I can tell you this much: after I shave and finish-up with "Very V" EDT, I'm headed up to the tattoo shop, and no one is gonna give me any lip (but you can bet they'll find the smell interesting -- and so will the babes).

Sue: you go, girl!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power