What's new

SCS Smoke and Beads

If you like patchouli, you'll enjoy this fragrance! It reminds me of a C&E scent that was discontinued some years ago, and which was my first introduction to patchouli. As others have mentioned, it is not particularly complex, but has a balanced patchouli and sandalwood and somewhat slightly herbal accord that lasts at least 8 hours. I use this in tiny doses since patchouli is one of those scents (IMHO) that people either love or hate. Overall, a well-made fragrance that will see time in my line-up on a routine basis.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Price: I'd buy this EDT at twice the price.

Quality: Hand made with tender loving care by St Sue and now here able assistant and partner St Wendy. First rate compared to some of the stuff I used as a young man in the 60's.

Packaging: SCS has chosen a nice simple yet rich looking bottle to hold this great EDT.

Scent: Brings back my college days when there was a lot of "smoke & beads" being used in the dorms. This scent reminds me of those days and the great times I had in school.

Complexity: I don't think it is too complex. The idea is to showcase the patchouli and surround it with some other scents. I think this is done fantastically without spoiling the patchouli with the other fragrances.

Staying Power: This one is lasts and last all day and way into the evening.

Quality of Atomizer: No problem here. A quality atomizer delivers just the right amount of EDT with each spritz.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This is a positively wonderful scent. Don't let the name fool you. It's not smoky, just a wonderful blend of patchouli, sandalwood and orange-y goodness. Everybody ought to try this scent.

Price: All of the SCS fragrances are an absolute bargain.

Quality: I agree with the original post, not oily or sticky, has a quality feel to it, plus a super scent.

Packaging: Not as elegant as mass-market fragrances, but plenty functionally elegant for me. I don't want to spend any more on packaging than I have to.

Scent: I fell in love with this stuff at first whiff. This is a nicely balanced scent. Not a hard-core "head shop" patchouli, but a warm, slightly sweet blend of orange, patchouli and sandalwood.

Complexity: I don't have a lot of experience with fragrances, but to me there's plenty going on here.

Staying Power: This is the one area where my experience with S&B seems different than other guys who've commented on it in the forums. This is not as long lasting as the SCS Bay Rum with a Twist, which I can still detect 5 or 6 hours later. I may get 3 hours out of S&B.

Quality of Atomizer: Works fine for me.

Overall, a stellar scent that every guy ought to try.

Dave
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Price: at $14.00 this stuff is a steal and should be walking of the shelf. No one should be without at least one bottle.

Quality: Easy on the skin, light, and not greasy or oily in anyway, and the scent is fantastic. Simply awesome.

Packaging: Simple yet majestic, clear bottle with a elegant tall Gold top and black lettering, nothing but class.

Scent: Did I mention the scent is fantastic? Easily my favorite scent and it has quickly become one of my favorite colognes period. This cologne has a wonderful base of classic Patchouli and a mid tone of Sandlewood topped of with Sweet Orange and other citrus scents. Not overly sweet like some citrus scents.

Complexity: Not overly complex, but it doesn't need to be. Predominantly orange to start, but dries down nicely to keep that signature scent (Patchouli) through the day and gets warmer as it settles.

Staying power: Dry down is quick but it stays for the better part of the day and doesn't fill a room but is there when you want it (up close with that special someone).

Overall this is my favorite Scent, and a great light scent for just about any occasion. It's unique, just the way I like it. IMHO it is a great scent for year round wear, light citrus for the summer and warmth for the winter. A real scents of freedom poured in a bottle. Awesome job Sue! I feel like a kid again!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)