What's new

SCS Sandalwood

This is my first 'official' review on B&B! Here we go.

I'm not a huge sandalwood fan, but this stuff is great!

I got it in a trade, otherwise I wouldn't be lucky enough to own it, as it appears to be sold out on the SCS site.

To quote Sue, which I hope is ok: "The SCS limited sandalwood is made from the wood of the tree. If the actual wood from the sandwood tree doesn't smell like sandalwood I don't know what will. I purchased several pounds of sandalwood and made EDT from it. I did add very limited amount of oil (miniscule), as the dried wood produced very little oil. You need a little bit of oil content for longevity on your skin."

Price: I'm not sure what the original price of this was, but based on what I've read and compared to other sandalwood scents I've tried and priced, this stuff was probably a pretty good bargain. However, take my rating of 8 as a best guess.

Packaging: The packaging is very simple, but does it need to be anything more? Yes, I like how some packaging/bottles look really cool, but I care more about the juice inside!

Scent: I am enjoying this one. To me, it's best described as a warm, smoky, woody scent that has a hint of sweetness. I think that may be why I like it so much. I don't care for how sweet some sandalwoods are. Hmm.. I've tried AOS Sandalwood and it isn't sweet, but I don't care much for it. So, maybe that isn't the case!

My wife's nose is fairly sensitive to smells and she doesn't care for the vast majority of my frags. She likes this one. I work with around 30 women and the majority are always smelling what I'm wearing each day. It's almost like a game anymore! After one wearing to work, this one is a resounding hit all the way around.

Complexity: I have no idea what the listed notes are for this. It doesn't seem to be an overly complex scent to me. I'm sure it is more complex than I realize, but it's Sandalwood and it smells like it! So, my score of 6 isn't a bad thing. A scent doesn't have to be complex to be good.

Staying Power: I've worn this twice now and it has EXCELLENT longevity and decent sillage. After a while it stays close to my skin, but it is still very noticeable. I wore this to work last week. I applied at 7:00 a.m. and it was still there at 4:00 p.m. I'd say at least 9 hours is really good! I rated it a 9, for 9 hours! :thumbup1:

Atomizer: I've only used this twice thus far, but the atomizer is just right. It provides a nice and smooth shot of juice in just the right amount.

Quality: Even though quality is second in the ratings list, I've saved it for last. Overall, this is very, very good. As already stated, it is my favorite Sandalwood, and I'm a guy who doesn't much care for them. This one has changed my mind. The scent, staying power and sillage all make for a great fragrance. If you are a sandalwood guy, you should really try to acquire this one, and no... I'm not sharing. :laugh:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I got a limited edition Sandlewood EDT during the 4th of July sale from SCS - super deal! I really like the cologne.
Like many here, I enjoy the "Sandalwood Extract Aftershave" but when I found out that SCS was using real Sandalwood, I just had to give it a go.
Impressions:
1. When first applied, the scent is almost flat with with a hint of the smell of putty. But after a few minutes it warmed up considerably and as the day wore on, the sweet smell of sandalwood kept pace. I was surprised with its staying power. The complexity was somewhat subdued in that no one scent really came to the forefront and yet its many facets were still present.

2. The price is very good. You would expect to pay more for a EDT of this quality.

3. Overall, I would recommend this EDT, the packaging was good, the scent was strong and long lasting, and the quality and price very good.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Has anyone tried the new incarnation Sandalwood edt that's been listed as a limited edition since the site went back up?

I liked the Sandalwood AS, but to me it was not as much woodsy as sweet, with an almost almond scent.
I was debating what scent to wear the other day, as I stood in front of my EdTs in my shave den. I gave all the scents the usual sniff, and thought "this is a nice warm, pleasant smell; I'll wear this one today." Well I saw a ladyfriend after work, and I could not pry her nose out of my chest! She LOVED it! I totally didn't expect it. I never got that kind of response from any other scent. Needless to say, I wear this one more than any other now.

I love the look this type of EDT bottle Sue uses, with the long, gold cap. Not over the top, but easily nice enough to display.

The scent is a nice, warm, welcoming, sweet scent.

The site says it's "Light and Dark Warm Sandalwood in an SCS blend of Amber, Fruits, Oriental Florals, Neroli, and Musks." I don't have the nose to pick out individual scents, but they all work very well together.

Staying power is the usual "until you shower" that you get with Sue's EDTs.

The atomizer doesn't leak, which is wonderful, but I took off a point just because it would be nicer to have smaller sprays with each pump of it. But you can learn to control that yourself. And after you do that, it's perfect for what it is.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)