What's new

SCS Oakmoss Lavendula shave cream

I tend to agree with the comments by everyone who has already reviewed this product. Even though I am a recent convert from the world of goo in a can I know when I have found a great product. This shave cream by Sue left me with the smoothest and most irritation free shave I have had yet with any DE in my collection. It took me a full week after using this cream to try to Dagger soap I had ordered as well. All and all a must have product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I bought this cream to try out with my Georgetown scuttle. I chose it because after talking to Sue it seemed that it would go with the Musgo Real.

Initially I thought that the cream was ok. I guess I did it backwards, but I then read the preceding reviews and found I was using way to little water. After correcting this ratio problem, I was rewarded with gobs of slick dense moisturizing lather. I must admit of the 3 t's I have only tried Taylor Rose, so can't compare it to all of them. The SCS in terms of lather is certainly as good as or better than the Rose.

The scent does in my opinion go well with Musgo Real A/S splash.

The only area I would change is the tub. I like to dip and swirl the brush in the cream and the tub is a little small in diameter to contain the brush. That is such a minor concern it barely merits mention.

It is a great top notch cream with a scent that goes well with Musgo.

Regard,
Mike
Fantastic is all I can say about this cream from Sue at SCS. I bought it after reading the reviews on it here.

I read somewhere that SCS shave creams need a bit more water than other creams on the market to make a great lather. Well I will affirm that fact. This cream just loves the water and it results in a great lather than never seems to go away in my mug.

The lather that wouldn't go away did a great job lubing my face for a BBS.

The scent is different as Sue warned. Kinda woodsy for sure but not the usual flowery type of woodsy. Don't know how to describe it but it is pretty good.

I am very happy with this cream and the scent. It will work very well in my shave cream rotation.

I highly recommend this cream and in fact just about any cream that Sue sells. Oh, by the way, Sue was very helpful to me as I made my decision which creams to buy. I will certainly feed my SCAD with products from Sue and SCS.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Completely agree. This stuff smells very nice, soaks up water like you wouldn't believe, and explodes into gorgeously slick lather. I can heartily recommend this one - it's a definite keeper!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is definitely going into heavy rotation. Smells great, and as Marty said, it gives incredible lather. I guess my only beef is that the tub is so small. Probably my favorite scent in the world of wetshaving, so far... I got the soap, as well, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to use it... I'm so happy with this stuff, I don't see how it could possibly get better (but, given my recent experience with Sue's Autumn Rain and Lavender, I realize that it could, very possibly, get better!)

Josh
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Understand one thing- I love the products produced by Saint Sue.
However, if you have read my other reviews, you will notice that this is the first time I have given a product all 10's across the board. Why? This cream deserves it!

After my shower and soaking the Simpsons Beaufort, I swirled a smear of the cream onto the brush and started my lather building. Initially, it was very thick and I remembered how the SCS creams love water, so I added some more. Whoa,Nelly! Lather now exploded from the brush and soon filled my shave mug(while the scent of oakmoss lavendula filled the bathroom!).

I proceeded to paint my face and head with all of this lather goodness and then took ye olde slant to hand. The razor slid through my whiskers like a hot knife through butta. After 2 passes on my head and 3 on my face, I was lightbulb smooth in both places.

Normally, faceturbation is the order of the day-trust me, I needed both hands(one for the face and one for the head). I have never been this smooth as an adult in my life!

My face was so smooth, I almost decided not to apply alum,toner, and moisturizer but figured why change the routine. I was so proud of the way my face felt, I was tempted to ask strangers to feel my face! :wink2:

This shave was accomplished @ 6p on Tuesday; at 1p Wednesday, I finally started to feel some growth returning. the only bad thing about this shave is that I may be tempted not to use anything else!(Resistance is futile!)

All in all, I am glad I bought this in spite of having the shave soap. If you like to be outside in the woods filled with fruit trees and bordering a field of lavender, then you should buy this shave cream. If you want one of the smoothest shaves in your life, you must buy this cream. if you don't own any creams as of yet, this one will spoil you for the rest. 'Nuff said. :w00t:

Marty
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability