What's new

SCS - Minted Chocolate shave creme

Jared,
You really tasted it ?!?! Holy cow! Didn't I also send some Junior Mints in the box in case that urge hit you? You should have smelled my kitchen :) I gained five pounds stirring it.
Sue
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

PRICE:
$9.50 from http://www.saintcharlesshave.com. its a very reasonable price for a top notch creme. its a 4ounce tub versus the more standard 5ounce tubs but its also 1/2 the price of the high end products commerically sold.

QUALITY:
the quality of the soap is nice. its definitely not a runny or overly soft soap. infact its a bit on the firm side. i could not simply dip my brush into it, instead i had to do a gentle 1/2 spin motion to apply the creme. i do not mind this as i know i will not overload my brush and be wasting creme.

SCENT:
holy freaking mackrel andy!@$!@$ its unbelievable. i opend the package and took out the creme. spun off the top and removed the plastic inside layer. and the aroma was superb, it was a milk chocolate and mint paradise. its like the taste of an ANDE'S MINT.
proxy.php
. i kept smelling it and as i started to day dream i actually stuck out my tongue and tasted the creme!@$@#$ wake up i had to tell myself. even during lathering and use, the smell is bold and unchanging. its the best i'd ever used for consistancy and lasting scent.

LATHERABILITY:
as you can see by the picture i did not use a very large amount of creme on my brush. yet the amount of rich and thick lather was fantastic. simply exploded. it was very rich creme, i had to add a bit more water then i was used to for the very little creme i used. really is top notch. very easy to work with.

EFFICACY:
the lather was great and it lasted a very long time. long enough so i that i made my lather, applied to my face, walked out and got my camera and took the first few pictures and then started my shave. it didn't fade away at all during this time. i gave it a 9 because of protection. while my shave was fantastically smooth with no nicks i felt as though it did not give that extra layer of moisture or protection that really look for during my shave. in no way did this subtract from the overall result, it was just something i noticed during use.

MOISTURIZING:
i guess this goes with the above in a way. the moisture during use was slightly under what i thought it should be. HOWEVER and i repeat HOWEVER, the moisturizing of the creme after the shave and wet splash was amazing! it left my face feeling great. not greasy but by far the most moisturized that i have had from a creme in a very long time.

PACKAGING:
look at the pictures above. fantastic packaging. the tub is colour coordinated to the smell! its a glitsy shiney chocolate brown! very different then the standard whites or bland designs. plastic tub with hard plastic top. it also has a thin saran or plastic top lining that covers the creme as a moisture and scent protection along with helping it not run or get messy during shipping.

CONCLUSION:
great creme. the best and most realistic smell i have ever had shaving. moisturizing properties after the shave were great though a tad subtle during use. it lathers fantastically, simply explodes. Sue did a great job with this creme. its definitely worth having for those special, self-indulgent days when you are in a good mood. just make sure you shave AFTER you eat!!!

~Jared
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability