What's new

SCS Coconut

Pulled out my tub of SCS Coconut Oil cream from the back of the cabinet. It had been out of use for a few months so I gave the cream a quick stir. After a dip of a badger in the cream, I went to work face lathering. I tend to really work the cream before slowly adding water. My reward was a rich, slick lather that smelled heavenly. The lather this creams delivers is splendid. It leaves my face soft and moisturized. Really fine stuff. I think it will stay in the front of the line for a bit.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Wow!!! What can I say...this is my new favorite cream...as soon as I figured out how to make a good lather with it, I was sold...this stuff is very slick and has a wonderful coconut smell to go along with it...I had two days growth going on and when I lathered up with this stuff my fat boy slid over it like butter...best shave I've gotten to date...you will not be disappointed, I highly recommend it!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Price: This was a gift so price wasn't a factor.

Quality: As with all of Sue's products, the quality of the cream is apparent. The cream was uniform in texture. It was very smooth and glossy. Her creams have a fairly thick consistency.

Scent: Now here is the good stuff! This is a wonderful dreamy, creamy scent. It is not a one-dimensional synthetic coconut smell. I think it would appeal equally to both men and women.

While it smells delectable inside the jar, the scent really opens up once you start lathering with it. I could detect a dry coconut smell that reminded me of the homemade coconut ice cream at my favorite Thai restaurant. There was also a subtle fruit note of juicy pineapple. Finally, I could smell a creamy, coconut milk-pina colada smell that was just mouth-watering.

The sad part is that the scent washes away and only faintly lingers on your skin. This would be a plus for gents who don't want their shave cream to interfere with their colognes and aftershaves. For me, I want to bathe in this stuff because it smells so good! I would second zerohnine in a request for a matching aftershave milk just so I had the option of layering scents.

Latherability: As with most SCS creams, it takes a bit more patience and water to get to that sweet spot but it is well worth it. I had lots of lather left over for numerous passes.

Efficacy: The lather was slick and moist. The razor glided over my skin with ease. No complaints here. Nothing but a nice smooth shave.

Moisturizing: I was impressed by how moisturizing it is! Afterwards, my skin did not need any type of moisturizer or aftershave balm.

Packaging: It came in a very smart black jar with a silver lid. I think it would look very nice on any bathroom counter. The lid was slightly dented but I think that was due to the post office's negligence.

What are you waiting for? Go out and get some now! :thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
While I don't have the time to provide a comprehensive review, I still
want to take a moment to share my experience and to applaud Sue. I
received the sample of her coconut oil cream last week, and I must this
cream is amazing! It really is. While my experience has not been positive
with fairway rose, coconut oil has provided a completely different
experience.

Sue said she sent me sample for about one or two shaves; however, being
that this cream lathers so well, I've found that I've already had four
shaves with it and still have enough for four more! :w00t: I've also found
that a little goes a long way with this particular cream. I use about a
nickel size amount and get plenty of lather. While the consistency of the
lather is not as thick as, say, TOBS, Trumpers, or T&H, it's nevertheless
well balanced by its superb ability to moisturize. After using this cream,
my face feels as though I just applied a light moisturizer or lotion.
What's best about this cream is its scent!!! :001_smile. Compared to
Trumper's coconut, SCS's is, in my opinion, much better. Whereas the scent
of Trumper's coconut resembles the smell of Hawaiian Tropic Sun Tan
Lotion, SCS's scent presents as a mild pina colada/coconut smell that's not
overwhelming. It really is a pleasant scent, and I can see myself using
this cream frequently during the spring and summer months. If you ask me,
it's a daily trip to the islands!

Overall, I'm very pleased with this cream, and highly recommend it. Two
thumbs up for SCS! :thumbup: You did it again!

Nickel size amount...
proxy.php

About 25 seconds in...
proxy.php

About 55 seconds in...
proxy.php

About 1.5 minutes in...
proxy.php

Applied to the hand...
proxy.php

The only thing that would make me happier is a coconut scented aftershave milk to go along with this cream (hint, hint, Sue!). :biggrin:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)