What's new

SCS Bay Rum

This is my first experience with a St. Charles Shave soap. After spending some time with the Bay Rum, you can truly believe the hype about SCS soaps.

Price- $6 for a puck may be a bit on the higher end for a puck of soap but this is a high quality product that still comes in lower than some other soaps.

Quality- After buying some local (Maine) shaving soaps, Sue's soap is clearly in a higher class. She's got the product down.

Scent- This is on the spicier end of Bay Rums. It's not going to knock you on your *** when you sniff it. When you lather it on your face, enjoy the spicy notes, but you won't find your eyes watering. I don't give this a 10 because I tend to like soaps that have a lasting scent when after you get out of the shower. The scent tends to fade a bit quickly. But that's really a ticky tack issue.

Lather- This soap is ridiculously easy to lather and reminds me of lathering up TOBS. Honestly, it's pretty much foolproof. You don't really need to wet the puck before hand and you don't need a super wet brush either. A couple of swirls on top and you are loaded and ready to roll. Hit the face with some face lathering and within seconds you've got nice poofy lather that provides a nice slick shave.

Efficacy- This stuff gets the job done and makes the shave nice and smooth and weeper free

Moisturizing- I don't know what Sue puts in the soap, but my face feels more moisturized than my TOBS for sure. Still doesn't hurt to hit the face with a spicy ASB to match the scent.

I think Sue's soaps are a great stepping stone for those who want to move from cream to soap. The ease of lathering and the quality of shave will make the transition worthwhile.
Top Bottom