What's new

SCS Bay Rum

Item Description

This product has an excellent Quality/Price ratio. It's not garbage department store waste-of-$10 alcohol water; it's a good ~$15 a bottle but it's not something you're better off dumping down a sink, it actually wears well. A $5 cologne that makes people gag is a worse deal than a $75 cologne that's unimpressive but palatable.

The packaging is simple, doesn't take up much space, and is rather sturdy. Good cap, slides on snug without snapping on and still seals well. Bottle is sturdy and the atomizer is sealed well to the bottle. Bottle is not fancy, expensive, and space-wasting.

I love this scent. It opens up with complex spices, with subtle but very much forward placed bay tree leaves (clove-like, but it's definitely bay leaf-- it has that peppery scent to it) detected amongst other things. It dies down to subtle woods and spices, less of a rum scent but good rum is aged in oak and has a very, very subtle vanillin content and a decent tannin content and the woods give a nod to this.

The scent is complex; my palate at this point can tear down most things, and my nose finds this EdT quite exciting. It's not "a smell," it's a bunch of smells. It's like there's physically separate piles of spices, and then you mix them together: you see bay leaves, you see grains of allspice berries or bits of wood barks or flower buds from whatever spices you used, but they're all separate, just tumbled together. It's a complex mixture, not a blended and homogenized mass.

The top notes could last a little longer, but they die down to subtle woods. My body doesn't sweat a lot, even when I'm exercising in a warm room (I simply don't need to, I'm tolerant to heat in a big way); if I manage to get even a little dampness anywhere where there's EdT though, the scent rises up into the air. Still, hours later you can smell woods on my skin.

This is a favorite of mine over the citrus-overpowered Bay Rum With A Twist version, which smells too much of limes to me. The community seems to disagree, but who cares; bay rum is my scent, it's what sets me apart from the Axe-wearing college kids when I'm heading to the bar after a week of classes and a full time job.

Latest reviews

D
This product has an excellent Quality/Price ratio. It's not garbage department store waste-of-$10 alcohol water; it's a good ~$15 a bottle but it's not something you're better off dumping down a sink, it actually wears well. A $5 cologne that makes people gag is a worse deal than a $75 cologne that's unimpressive but palatable.

The packaging is simple, doesn't take up much space, and is rather sturdy. Good cap, slides on snug without snapping on and still seals well. Bottle is sturdy and the atomizer is sealed well to the bottle. Bottle is not fancy, expensive, and space-wasting.

I love this scent. It opens up with complex spices, with subtle but very much forward placed bay tree leaves (clove-like, but it's definitely bay leaf-- it has that peppery scent to it) detected amongst other things. It dies down to subtle woods and spices, less of a rum scent but good rum is aged in oak and has a very, very subtle vanillin content and a decent tannin content and the woods give a nod to this.

The scent is complex; my palate at this point can tear down most things, and my nose finds this EdT quite exciting. It's not "a smell," it's a bunch of smells. It's like there's physically separate piles of spices, and then you mix them together: you see bay leaves, you see grains of allspice berries or bits of wood barks or flower buds from whatever spices you used, but they're all separate, just tumbled together. It's a complex mixture, not a blended and homogenized mass.

The top notes could last a little longer, but they die down to subtle woods. My body doesn't sweat a lot, even when I'm exercising in a warm room (I simply don't need to, I'm tolerant to heat in a big way); if I manage to get even a little dampness anywhere where there's EdT though, the scent rises up into the air. Still, hours later you can smell woods on my skin.

This is a favorite of mine over the citrus-overpowered Bay Rum With A Twist version, which smells too much of limes to me. The community seems to disagree, but who cares; bay rum is my scent, it's what sets me apart from the Axe-wearing college kids when I'm heading to the bar after a week of classes and a full time job.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
bluefoxicy
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...
Top Bottom