What's new

Schick Slim Twin ST2

This disposable ST2 razor has become my go-to for head-shaving. It's very similar to the Trac in that it has a non-pivoting head with two blades. But while the Trac with Personna Twin blades has some difficulty going through about 4 days worth of hair growth on my head, the ST2 mows right through. And in an era of giant razor heads, the slim head of the ST2 is a pleasant change. There's also little push down tab on the head to clean the gunk out from between the blades. And each is less than 50 cents. Nice!
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
1.00 star(s)
You get one of these (in Wilkinson Sword Trim) if you buy the gift set from Kent Brush's ebay store (razor, brush, and Kent/MWF in wooden bowl). They shut down over Christmas/New Years, but should have new listings soon....
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
1.00 star(s)
I picked these up at the local grocery for for I believe $6.49 or $7.49 for a 12+3 pack. There's a few models to choose from these are the regular ones.

They give a pretty darn good shave for the money (around $.50 a piece). I do not know how many shaves they will last. I might should have waited to do the review.

The lube strip is my only gripe. It gets real gooey. In the pic I only shaved once with it and you can see it almost looks like a gel. Some of you guys will like it since it has Lanolin in it. I actually felt like I hadnt cut anything since the strip was so slick and mushy feeling and lots of the lather remained but after my 3 pass shave and a good rinse I was very impressed. I got a DFS using the ST2 and some Mama Bear's Good Morning Honey soap.

I wish that the head pivoted since thats what im used to with carts but all in all a good razor. It definitely qualifies as a great travel tool.

Oh yeah almost forgot the little button on top of the head is for cleaning. You press it and a small plastic wiper blade comes down and pushes the hair from between the two blades so it rinses better. I rinsed without using it and with and really didnt notice much difference since I rinse the razor after either 1-2 strokes anyway.

proxy.php

proxy.php
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)