What's new

Schick Quattro Titanium

I got it at Walmart with the electric trimmer. It included a AAA battery and for $5.00 I thought it would be worth it just for the trimmer. The trimmer is good but I hated the razor itself. You would, with 1 stroke, clog that monstrosity up.:cursing: I used it 2 times and just threw away the cartridge, but continue to use the trimmer . I hated the time it took to unclog the razor 7 times a shave. No Thanx!!:closedeye
Grip
2.00 star(s)
Price
0.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Adjustability
2.00 star(s)
User Friendly
2.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
2.00 star(s)
This is my first review.:001_smile
Up to now this is the best razor I've ever tried. My skin is very easy to cut but this is the only one razor that I can shave with and achieve a TOTALLY NICK-FREE SHAVE (and ZERO irritation).

To be honest I don't use DE razors, they are impossible to find here in Mexico, and I consider cartridge razors are perfect for me particularly.

Price: It's cheaper than a Mach 3. A pack of 4 blades costs $110 Mexican pesos, about $8USD. And one single cartridge gives me 8 shaves (both with the grain and against the grain). I shave 4 times a week, so one cartridge lasts me 2 weeks. So a pack of 4 blades lasts me up to 2 months. And it may last even longer for those who shave only with the grain or less often than me. It's about $55 mexican pesos per month or $14mx per week. It's about $4USD per month, so I consider the price pretty perfect. NOTE: the blades are still sharp when I almost throw away one cartridge, even if I shaved 6 or 7 times both WTG and AGT. Not as cheap as disposables or DEs but very affordable. The bottom line: very well priced.

Quality: It feels more luxurious and efective than a Mach 3. It's also easier to control and its pivot is much superior. The handle is very durable just as the cartridges.

User friendly: This razor has micro-safety-wires to protect your skin from irritation and nicks. For some, these little wires make it harder to achieve an extreme shave, just like they did with me in the beggining. But after a few tries I realized that this razor takes a slightly different shaving technique than a Mach 3, once you get it, it shaves even closer than Mach 3 and leaves me with zero cuts, and zero irritation. If this razor doesn't shave you very close the first time, it's normal, you will have to try it about 5 or 6 times to get a shave even closer than Mach 3.
Besides, the single blade on the back works very well for shaving my sideburns and hard to reach whiskers.

Grip: Perfect. Never have problems with it even if it's wet.

Ease of blade replacement: Nobody will have a problem on loading a modern cartridge razor.

Aggressiveness: As I mentioned above for my skin it is very easy to get cut. This is the only razor that shaves me without cutting my skin. I got very small nicks on my firsts shaves with this, but once you get the control of this razor, it will give you a shave completely free of cuts. The micro-safety wires really work.

Adjustability: N/A

Balance: As a bottom line, I disagree with the reviews other shavers give to this razor. I think every razor uses a different shaving technique, but most people never give enough chances (about 5 or 7) to this razor. I shaves with a Mach 3 for about 7 or 8 years only going with the grain. When my beard got thicker and heavier I couldn't get a close enough shave going with the grain only, but every time I went againg the grain with my Mach 3 I ended with a lot of cuts all around my cheeks and neck. So I decided I had to try another razor. I tried about 10 different razors lasts year, and I discovered this one was the only that shaved me with zero cuts and zero irritation. So it became the best for me.

If you still shave with a Mach 3 and are not 100% satisfied, or want to try another one you should try this Schick.
And if your skin is easy to get cut like mine, you MUST try this razor because it really worked for me. Besides it's very well priced, cartridges lasts very well. I highly recommend it.

Best regards from Mexico to all the B&B community.
-Sincerely, Coffee Addict.:001_smile
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
5.00 star(s)
5.00 star(s)
Not to sound harsh, but I dragged that thing across my face once some time ago and couldn't stand the feel of it. Didn't shave me as well as I thought a "poly-blade" razor should. Threw it away a couple of weeks ago. I just can't seem to tolerate more that three blades on a razor.
I started back wet shaving with a Quattro then several months ago switched to DEs. I hadn't used a Quattro since, but last week traveling out of the country decided I would carry the Q instead of hassling with TSA and blades. Used VDH and a brush and discovered that this is not a bad razor actually. Yes I get a better shave with DE but this will deliver a decent shave. I gave it a 5 on cost as the razor was free but cartridges are expensive. I used to get a week out of a cartridge so I based it on that. The handle is excellent as far as ergonomics go, of course it is not adjustable, but the head does pivot. It is actually very well balanced in the hand and with the rubber in the grip is quite secure and comfortable. I'm not about to go back to the Q, but it is a quite good cartridge razor that can be used for travel or recommending to someone considering wet shaving as a good starter point.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
4.00 star(s)
This is the "tipping point" razor brought me back from the "dark side" to the light of a DE razor plus good creme/soap, etc.

As related in my intro post, I got a rough, most irritating shave one day with a brand new cartridge, the day after I'd had a very good shave with a cheap, disposable double blade. Given what you pay for multi-blade carts, this made me a bit nuts.

Price - 6 -- cheaper than Gillette, but still being hosed by Shick.
Quality - 3 because they pi$$ed me off with that one cart, but also because I've noticed variation before, and because they don't have the right balance of sharpness and smoothness
User Friendly - 7 -- Overall not bad, but a case of carts doesn't fit snugly in back the razor caddy
Grip - 8 Pretty good, never had any discomfort or felt it was awkward
Eas of Blade Replacement - 6 A bit flimsy attachment, sometimes takes 2 or 3 attempts to lock it in
Aggressiveness -6 The handle and cart geometry are pretty good, but a bad blade means you pay with irritation
Adjustability - 4 Pivoting action is there, but not as good as some disposables I've used; given the price difference, I just had to downrate this.
Balance - 7 Pretty good; if I weren't so disappointed overall I could give this an 8
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
1.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
2.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
0.00 star(s)
2.00 star(s)
There's a newer version of the Quattro Titanium (no, not the electronic one) that has an edge trimmer on the reverse side of the razor cartridge. I found this one to provide a better shave than the original Titanium that hit the market a couple of years ago.
Ah, my last pre-B&B shaver ... nah, I don't miss it a bit! But I do remember the bad old days, so can comment on this thing.

Price ... the handle cost is all over the map; either you pay way too much for it in the store, or you get a freebie. The cartridges (to no one's suprise) cost an arm and a leg. Ugh.

Quality ... well, cheap plastic is cheap plastic. And the blade-heads clog up easily.

User friendly ... okay, fair enough. It's pretty easy to use, as much as it can be used. Need to shave and not pay attention? This is your puppy.

Grip ... fairly well-designed handle considering, with comfortable grips. In the circumstances, not bad.

Ease of blade replacement ... well, fairly straightforward, but the little do-dads that hold the cartridge are kind of flimsy compared to the Atra.

Aggressiveness ... well, it rates a 6 out of 10. This ain't no Feather.

Adjustabilityy ... well, the head pivots, so there's that, but otherwise you can't adjust a thing.

Balance ... adequate for this type of thing.

I would use it if needed. I certainly won't be skipping my Feather AC or Thiers Issard for this, but if push came to shove this is the way I'd likely be shoved. Man, I sure do like wetshaving better!!
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
1.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
3.00 star(s)
I use this razor now and again, especially if I've been a little too aggressive with the previous day's shave and want something easy and gentle on my face. I know a lot of people use the Mach 3 as their "fall back" razor when they just want a quick shave, but I think the Quattro Titanium is much better.

Pros: Easy to use. Quick shaves. Low irritation. Widely available. Cheaper than the Fusion.

Cons: Hard to get a BBS shave. You won't want to do multiple passes. It's a multi-bladed razor, so your chance of getting irritation and ingrown hairs is higher. The cartridge prices are still pretty high when compared to decent DE blades.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)