What's new

Schick Protector Razor

Been using many different cartridge razors, and I must say that this one is probably one of the best. For more than 10 years my Schick Protector has been useless to me since they discontinued importing the cartridges here where I live. But now I ordered from Internet and shave with it accidentally. Its name is appropriate. I find it really very hard to cut myself. Even if I'm in a hurry.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
1.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
D
Shaved a long time with this one. Can't say I can compare the shaving result with a good DE razor shave. True, it's hardly impossible to cut yourself with this one, but then the shave usually wasn't as close as I get these days with my Gillettes. I graded agressiveness with a 2 due to the fact that in my opinion this razor isn't agressive at all. Blades are usually ridiculous expensive if compared to DE blades. Got 100 feathers and dorco's for less thena $15. For that I usually got 8 Schick blades. As the razor usually is completely made out of plastics and lasts about two to three years, the quality sucks compared to a good DE razor which will be your companion for the rest of your life.

When would I recommend this razor?
When you don't have anything better within reach :001_smile
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
1.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
1.00 star(s)
4.00 star(s)
In the UK it is known as the Wilkinson Sword Protector 3D Diamond. It is the most agreeable, mild shaver that i have ever owned. I would recommend it to anyone starting out shaving, as it cuts me less than anything else i've owned. Has only 2-3 blades, few compared to today's razors, and a bunch of wee safety wires over the blade. It has been succeeded by inferior multi-multi bladed razors, but never bettered. i used mine throughout my teens until relatively recently and in fact this evening recommended one to a friend who experiences irritation. I would keep one handy for against the grain when my skin is sensitive, razor rash, or irritated. Relatively hard to cut yourself with one. Only problem, and it is only a wee problem, is that it gunks up fairly easily, but that's no big deal and does not negate its value as an excellent razor.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
4.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
5.00 star(s)
4.00 star(s)
D
This is the best razor for anyone who has sensitive skin. It protects you from cuts and nicks and gives you a great shave. The blade lasts at least 10 days. Any other blade simply cuts up my skin and I bleed profusely. Not so with Schick Protector blades. The 10 little wires that cover the blades provide just the right protection while allowing you to get a great shave. Unfortunately, they do not make this razor and the blades any longer but you can still get them from 1 or 2 places on the Web.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
5.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)