What's new

Saville Row 3226 Silvertip

:001_rolle I bought my Saville Row brush from a menber a little over a year ago. This is my number one brush! Always performs GREAT! I have narrowed by bruches down to three. Number1-Saville Row 3226, Number2-QED and number3 Rooney 3/1.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
This brush is absolutely decadent. I own about 7 other brushes and this is by far the most luxurious brush. It is extremely dense (maybe too dense) and has very soft white tips. Construction is top notch. It lathers like a dream. The long handle works very well for me and an excellent value !!!!!!!!!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
I have suffered from SBAD long enough to have accumulated about a dozen brushes. Included in this collection are models from Simpson's, Rooney, Edwin Jagger, Kent, Omega, Shavemac, and Taylor's. I like to use all of these as I go through a rotation, but I keep coming back to the 3226 out of turn over and over. This is just a great brush!

I like the long handle as it provides an incredible feeling of control. Lather rarely gets up all the way to my fingers so my grip remains dry and slip-free. At the same time, the length of the handle provides leverage in whipping up lather that makes short-handled brushes seem awkward in comparison.

The head is a great shape and the perfect density. It can whip up and hold lots of lather, but does not require extensive rinsing to get it soap-free at the end of the shave.

I know that as I make my way through my brush rotation, I'll keep coming back to the 3226. It is just such a joy to use. :smile:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
I can't even describe how much I love this brush. The numbers don't do it justice.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
I got my SR 3226 in finest silvertip one week ago. I have used it six times now and I can say that I am thrilled with it. I cannot imagine how it could be any better. Of course, I am quite the newbie, only having wetshaved for two and a half months. :rolleyes:

I especially like the long handle and fairly large knot size. The head is a dream come true, very soft in contact with the face, but dense and stiff enough to make a great lather with soaps and scrub / exfoliate the skin. It holds a ton of water and stays very warm throughout my three and four pass shaves.

It is fairly plain, but beautiful to me. The handle curves are pleasant. The markings are understated and elegant. The lightbulb shaped head is nicer looking than my fan shaped Vulfix.

What else can I say? I love this brush! :001_wub:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
This was my prize in the Badger & Blade contest. It was the prize I hoped to win but the brush itself is of far greater luxurious quality than I imagined it would be. Charles at QED was great to speak with via email as well.
How to describe it? It's like having a Hermes saddle in the house, something of surpassing quality and luxury that I have a look at and smile each time I pass by. It lathers incredibly. These photos don't do it justice as, alas, the water softener gave up the ghost on picture day and my water returned to its hard-as-nails self. But you can see that this brush is HUGE. I included a cufflink for scale.

proxy.php

Ready to go. The soap (Honeybee) lives in the lower part of this mug, the lather is whipped up in the top.

proxy.php

The soak. A mug for everything and everything in its mug.

proxy.php

A few swirls.

proxy.php

The lathering is fast and profuse. On my face, the tips are very soft yet keep the lather moving and increasing in volume.

proxy.php

Lots of lather for the squeeze-out of super-hydrated stuff for the second pass.

proxy.php

It's a great addition to my modest collection of gear. Gentlemen, if this one is on your list of possibilities, do not hesitate to make the move. It is hard to imagine being disappointed with such a big, beautiful, weighty brush fit for a King - or Beau Brummel!
Top Bottom