What's new

Savile Row Silvertip 3824

Pros: Softness with backbone. Lather production.
Cons: None.
My first silvertip so objectively I have a sample size of one. However, compared to an EJ BBB, 2 boars and a synthetic I can say this is the softest "feel" on the face. Stunning in it's luxuriously "squishy" feel I can only compare it to polishing my car with a wet chamois. My first use was with Acqua di Parma so all of a sudden I had this "perfect storm" of soft, smooth & slick lather. The handle is perfect for face or bowl lathering and despite thinking the 24mm knot would be too big it's actually spot on for me. The bulb shape versus the more "fan" of the EJ means it focuses the lathering in the bowl yet the tips have enough backbone to really grip and whip the soap or cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Price- For $115 from QED you may not find a better value.
Quality- Well built, solid, has a nice amount of weight to it.
Density- Very dense
Stiffness- Holds up really well when lathering the face. Not floppy at all.
Softness- As soft or softer than anything out there.
Ergonomic- Fit perfectly in my hand, which may be a problem for big handed follows
Latherability- Awesome, more peaks than the Himalayans. And it isnt a hog either.

Charles is the best, he knows his stuff, and his products are top quality. His balms are natural and he spares no expense on the ingredients. Get this brush
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Just got this brush tonight. First thoughts - wow, this thing is quite soft. In fact, it was just so darned soft and luxurious I thought for sure I'd have a cream only brush.

Was I wrong.

I gave it a go tonight with some MWF - this thing can handle soap, let me tell you. What a beautiful mix between soft bristles, perfect size, and enough backbone to handle cream or soap. I think I have found a new go to brush.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Great price for the quality at QED. Dense, stiff enough for soap with luxurious softness. Nice curves to hold and does great what is supposed to do: Lather
This is my personal favorite of my brushes. It's a great product at a great price. The knot's a great size and it's a wonderful combination of softness and stiffness. The knot size is fantastic, not too big, not too small, and with it's dense, soft lightbulb shape, it will work wonders with any soap or cream. An all-around fantastic brush.

Price - This brush is a steal at $115 from QED. This brush is every bit as good as the Super Simpsons and IMO, even a better at a significant savings.

Quality - The Quality is superb. The handle is very durable and sturdy. There has been very little shedding and there is no glue visable at the juncture of handle and bristles.

Density - While not the densest of my brushes, it is very dense and will hold up very nicely with soap or cream. It's dense enough with a some decent pressure you can get a bit of a scrubby feel, if desired. The bulb is large enough, that it holds a lot of water and will retain heat very well to keep that lather nice and warm. It also is packed firmly enough to use firm circlular motions or painting strokes, both methods provide quality lather application.

Stiffness - This brush has firm, stiff shafts that have held a beautiful perfect shape for months without any significant alteration. They are very flexible, but once you pull away they spring back to their original position immediately. When stood up wet, there is very little droop from the weight of the water.

Softness - A divinely soft brush. A very gentle and decadent shave. Luxury all the way. If you want your skin to be pampered, look no further. Incredible softness, nothing else to say.

Ergonomic - The handle is very ergonomic, similar to the Persian Jar style of handle. It's a great size for both large and small hands. It products excellent comfort and control. The bulb is large to get good coverage and small enough to get the lather where you want it and nowhere else. In addition to function, the brush looks beautiful as well.

Latherability - Lather explodes from this baby. It will just shoot out of the bowl. It lathers as well as a 28mm knot. With it's mid size, it will lather great right onto your face, or in a small bowl or mug and for the extreme, put it in an 8 inch bowl and lather up enough for an army.

This is a beautiful brush of impeccable quality and design, made to high standards to complete at any level. I would definately go with this one over a PJ3 in Super and you'll save enough money to pick up some outstanding creams as well. This brush won't let you down, give her a try.

Here's a Link to the Discussion Thread, if you'd like to talk about this brush.
View attachment 2969
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips