What's new

Savile Row 3120

Pros: Silvertip soft with enough firmness for extreme comfort, handle and knot size for perfect control.
Cons: Some prefer much larger knots
I coiuld not enjoy a brush more than this particular brand, model and hair grade. It is a perfect size for bowl or face lathering. It loads quickly and builds a perfect lather almost as quick. The handle fits my hand as comfortably as any brush I have ever used. The knot has enough firmness but the luxurious softness of the tips make the brush a dream to use. My Kent BK8 is softer, but has no real firmness, so the lather is mostly painted on. My Chubby1 Best is much denser and has tremendous backbone. It is very, very comfortable but does not have the silky soft luxuriousness of the Savile Row. Great size for travel also. I bought it used on Ebay and it came with a travel tube. It would be hard not to choose this brush to take on a trip. One final note... If I want a good facial massage or exfoliation I would use either my Chubby Best or the Semogue 610 Boar, but the Savile Row has quickly become an almost daily choice for the sheer comfort and efficiency it provides. The price of $45 is what I paid for it on Ebay used (great condition) and it also included a travel tube. The price of this brush new on QEDUSA.Com is about double what I paid but is EXTREMELY CHEAP for the quality you get.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
I can't believe this brush hasn't been reviewed yet. I also have the 3118 (had the 3318 too but decided to continue building my SR collection with the 31xx series handle) which everybody knows is an incredible little brush for the money. Actually every Savile Row brush gets excellent reviews and many wet shavers own one. The only gripe for the xx18 series imo would be the handle which is a bit on the small size. Not that it makes it impossible to shave with but it makes lathering in a bowl at times a bit messy and frustrating. You can't position it sideways in the lathering bowl because it's to small and will just slip flat in the lather and you always need to leave it on the handle's base standing up between shaving passes. Users with big hands also seem to find it difficult to master the smaller xx18 brush. Meet the 3120. Bigger handle, a tad bigger knot and loft size but same top notch badger hair. Some would argue that there's not much difference in size between the xx18 and xx20 series but let me tell you. There is a difference. The handle being bigger feels definitely better in the hand. Just a better grip. The knot size and loft hair being a few mm larger makes a difference too. I love them both but my preference goes to the 3120 being just the right size. Excellent at face or bowl lathering, excels at both soaps and creams, whips up a batch of meringue like lather in no time and the tips are so luxurious you actually feel like walking on clouds. Pure heaven and decadence. That's what a $85.00 brush will do to you.

proxy.php

Here you can see the difference compared to the Rooney S 3/1. The handle is 3 mm shorter and you can see the loft hair being 3 mm higher. The width is basically equal. Off course the 3120 being a bulb shape and the Rooney a fan shape brush.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Conclusion

In my book this brush gets a two thumbs up and golden star award. Every wet shaver should at least own 1 Savile Row. There's plenty of knot sizes to choose from.You can't go wrong with any of them. If I had to recommend one brush it would be the Savile Row 3120 (or any of the other Savile Rows).
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)