What's new

Sara's Lather Bowl

Purchased used (on the BST) and used it to test a couple brushes.

This bowl performs fantastically. Great size for both my 20mm and 24mm brushes. Lather doesn't escape easily.

The appearance is top-notch...everything from Sara Bonneyman is very attractive, with a rustic feel and fantastic performance.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)
Usefulness
3.00 star(s)
Performance
4.00 star(s)
I love my shaving bowl and couldnt shave without it. I only wish it had a handle. It helps make a great lather and holds the warmth from the hot water well.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Durability
1.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
At first I thought the asking price was too high on this bowl. After all it's just a bowl right? Wrong. Sara's Lather Bowl is, in my opinion, worth every penny.

As previous reviewers have mentioned, the bowl has ridges inside that make whipping up a lather very easy. I love the heft of this bowl. I know it is going to stay put when I set it down. The material also holds heat very well so it is easy to warm up under the sink and keep warm though the whole shave.

One thing to note would be that the base of the bowl is just unfinished ceramic clay. This being said it is a tad bit rough, works well for me as I keep it on top of a plastic tub, but others with delicate counters may consider adding rubber stick on feet to the bottom to prevent scratches.

I give this bowl 10s all around and recommend it highly. :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
Seems a little pricey, but it makes a world of difference.

Wish I had known about this to begin with...
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
I really like this bowl. This size is just about perfect. The ridges inside help with the lathering process. This is a big improvement over the latte cup I was using. Since I use the bowl daily the cost wasn't an issue for me.

Jim
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
Going from a latte cup to Sara's lathering bowl was a huge positive when using my Rooney Emillion.

The 'Em' is a large dense brush and whipped up a Real Shaving Company cream in seconds.

Coupled with the Moss scuttle, my shaving experience dramatically improved using this bowl.
I received a lathering bowl made by Sara Bonnyman & sold by Vintage Blades (linky below) from my wife as a Christmas gift. I really like this thing. It has ridges made into the bottom of the bowl that really helps to whip up a lather. That was it's biggest selling point for me. It's pretty heavy/durable & should last a lifetime unless you drop it.The only 2 drawbacks for me are it's size & price. I would prefer something just a tad smaller. I gave it a 10 on price since it was a gift but for $40, I'd probably pass but I'm not familiar with the cost associated with making pottery, so YMMV.

http://www.vintagebladesllc.com/vshop/xcart/product.php?productid=677&cat=118&page=1
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
4.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)