What's new

Santa Maria Novella Aftershave

Item Description

This is my very first Santa Maria Novella aftershave. This product comes in a variety of scents, however the performance and quality are similar, only the scent will vary. In my case, I chose Melograno, aka Pomegranate.

The cost is not bad at all in reference to other high end brands, $55USD for 100ml.

The quality and presentation are superb, comes in an old fashioned Florentine paperbox.

Now, as for the quality of the product itself, I have to honestly say it's the best I've tried so far. Most alcohol based aftershaves contain, water, alcohol, and the actual scent. (Most high end british at least)
Santa Maria Novella goes on to add glycerine, other oils, including a touch of olive oil, and menthol. Yum :001_tongu

A truely classy Italian product.

For those not too familiar with the brand, I encourage you to see their informative promotional video that Lafco NY has posted on their web site.

http://www.lafcony.com/smn/about.htm

Latest reviews

Price: Bought the pomegranate from the bay for $36.00. Great deal considering these go for $50+. For the quality, it's worth every penny, even at 50+, hence the high rating. It could go for more as well.

Quality: A1: Just as Clubman was evocative of a $5 hooker (you can see my review), S.M. Novella evokes perhaps a gentleman from an Oscar Wilde play, a Huysmans novel (especially "A Rebours"), or Proust. Very literary.

Fights Razor Burn: Yes.

Cooling Sensation: Mild, but something there. Very pleasant.

Scent: Wonderful complex and pleasant scent. Mix of fruits and flowers.

Efficacy: Yes.

Moisturizing: As far as splashes go, very nice.

No Alcohol Burn: None.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I have wanted to try SNN but cant seem to find samples. Thanks to Horatio's excellent and thorough review I might take a chance with the Lavendar
Can't say enough good things about the SMN fragrances. I have visited the store in NYC twice this month, raided the colognes and after shaves, and am now broke (but smell great). I'll defer to Horatio's more in-depth review since he is quite knowledgable about the entire SMN product line.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)