What's new

Sandalwood

Item Description

I picked this up at my local Wild By Nature and really like it. From their web page (http://www.honeybeegardens.com/natural-cosmetics/products/mas.html):

If you have problems shaving, this product is the answer. Using an age-old process, a select blend of fresh herbs is brewed for weeks and then strained multiple times resulting in a golden serum which cools and soothes newly shaven skin. Leaves skin virtually free of irritation. Aloe is then added to moisturize and soften skin. Try the Key Lime scent for a refreshing burst of lime essential oil, or Florida scent for a cool and soothing citrus scent. Sandalwood is therapeutic and cleansing while the Vermont scent is earthy and masculine. Bay Rum is fresh and exotic and the Unfragranced is the perfect blend for an all-natural clean shave. 4 fl. oz.

Ingredients: SD Alcohol 40 (natural source), witch hazel extract, aloe vera, yarrow, calendula, german chamomile, elder flower, bay, rose, peppermint, lavender, lemon, essential oils.

Price: at $6-7 for 4 fl oz. it is a bargain.
Quality: compared to the other AS I’ve tried, I would say this is good to high quality
Fights Razor Burn: Does an excellent job putting out razor burn. Check out all those wonderful ingredients!
Cooling: The sandalwood has no cooling effect.
Scent: I’m really not sure what sandalwood is supposed to smell like, but I think the sent is very earthy and woodsy. The scent is not very strong and lasts a few hours.
Efficacy: a little goes a long way so I’d say it does a good with efficacy. It does what AS is supposed to do, sooth the face and fight razor burn. It does it well and for a modest price.
Moisturizing: does a fair job with moisturizing. I find I still have to follow-up with a bit of ASB
No alcohol burn: Yeah it has a nice burn, doesn’t last long though.

Latest reviews

HORRIBLE!!! Can't say enough bad about this aftershave. I needed just a little more in my online shopping cart to get free shipping so I got this. In hindsight, I should've paid for the shipping. This stuff has WAY too much alcohol in it, like they poured a few drops of what they think smells like sandalwood into a jar of rubbing alcohol. A lot of it evaporated between the time I poured it into my hand and put it on my face. It stung really bad. I like a little sting from my aftershave but this is rediculous. After the burn subsided, my face felt more raw than before I used this stuff. And a few hours later, you couldn't smell it anymore (thank GOD) and my face was really dry. It smells like Saint Charles Shave sandalwood aftershave just WAY stronger. NOT GOOD. It's not inexpensive but I wouldn't use this again if it were free.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
Price - A bit pricey down under. 3x what was mentioned up here.

Quality - Good quality AS yes, with a list of ingredients that are good for the skin!

Fights Razor Burn - Good stuff against Razor burn yes

Cooling Sensation - It doesn't really cool no. Unlike menthol or mint.

Scent - Light woody aroma. Ok but could be stronger. I left my bottle open for a few days as the cheap vodka scent was dominant when I got it!

Efficacy - It works like it should, good stuff!

Moisturizing - I feel a bit dry but it's not so bad, I've got worse.

No Alcohol Burn - Few seconds burn.

Overall - Good product but the vodka scent + price are holding me from buying this product again!
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I have never used a Bay Rum, but have read good things on the list. So I have been keeping my eye open for local sources. I found this and really liked the smell. I use it after a alum block, so I don't notice an alcohol burn. I don't know if this is what Bay Rum is supposed to smell like, but I liked it and most important SWMBO liked the smell. I will purchase more when this get's low, and that's as good of an endorsement as I will be able to give.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)