What's new

Sandalwood Shaving Cream

Pros: Slickness and cushion, scent
Cons: Hard to come by and pricey
I took delivery of a tub of the Calmomilla fragrance cream and I'm really beginning to enjoy it. It ain't cheap @ AUD $40.00 (excluding delivery) for 200ml, so it's on par with CF and slightly better value than the top of the line English creams, on the surface at least. It's obvious that a loving hand has been used all the way through the manufacture of these products, the quality is great. When I first opened the tub I was pretty disappointed with the scent. It's supposed to be a blend of Chamomile (who knew Chamomile has a scent?), Lavender and Cedarwood, but smelt more like glazier's putty. Having used the cream for a few shaves now I have to say that the scents are really coming to the front, most enjoyable, the Cedarwood being the dominant scent so far. The cream lathers extremely well and is rich, and cushioning and allows for a quick and trouble free BBS shave. I feel I have to use a bit more cream than CF, but not much more. As I said, a BBS smooth shave is no issue at all, no post shave burn or sting, no redness, no nicks, no cuts. Very nice indeed. I find that although my skin is smooth and "calm" I do need some a/s balm to put back that extra bit of moisture to bring me back to pre shave condition. Though I wouldn't hold that against the cream. The packaging is excellent, simple, understated and highly functional. The container could easily be mistaken for glass, but the little injection moulding "belly button" in it's base gives it away. This suits me as I don't fancy trying to tip toe over dozens of shards of broken glass on the bathroom floor if I drop the container. Overall, a high quality product, try to get a sample before jumping in to the 200ml tub, then again, maybe not!! 8) I got mine from..... http://www.shave-shack.com.au/ in sunny Briz Vegas Australia.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Fantastic scent, lather, and shave quality.
Cons: Expensive, Limited Distribution
Price: Expensive, but well in line with other top shelf products. Could be a little less expensive but I don't regret buying it at all. Quality: Absolutely top notch and nothing extraneous. Scent: Unlike other Sandalwood creams, this one uses a blend of 3 Sandalwood EOs, and has a nice dry scent that is very close to a classic, true Sandalwood. Of course, I absolutely love the scent. Latherability: No problems, nice thick lather that whips up in no time. Efficacy: Excellent, nice protection and glide. Moisturizing Properties: As a caveat, I don't think anyone should rely solely on their shaving products for moisturizing... but this is definitely above averageand leaves my skin feeling nice. Packaging: This cream comes in one of Fitjar's new shaving cream jars which has a clear bottom and black screw top lid. The bottom looks like glass but it's plastic. A definite step up from the old tub. Overall, this is one of the very best creams I've ever tried and has quickly move to the top of my favorites. Highly recommended.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)