What's new

Sandalwood Shave Soap

Pros: Builds a thick lather easily. Smells nice in the bowl.
Cons: Scent is VERY short-lived. No glide at all, makes razor pull. Dries quickly, and leaves skin dry.
I had high hopes for this. Smelled great in the bowl, and came in a handsome wooden bowl. Lather builds nicely, and goes on thick. However, even with a new Feather blade, and good technique, I found it made my skin kind of dry and the razor would tug. No nicks, but it could easily happen. The smell after shaving is only soapy, not sandalwood. After the shave, it dries your skin out a lot. I'll continue to try it, but not pleased with it much yet.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Pros: availablility, scent, price
Cons: lacks glide
Price: US$9 for 3.53 oz (100g) puck–$2.55 per ounce, by weight [US$22 for 5.29 oz glass jar (150g)–$6.29 per ounce, by weight (given to me used)]

Quality: Ingredients are not listed on the jar I have, and it does not say "triple-milled" or "natural". This rating is my sense of the product's quality after using it.

Scent: Smells different than other sandalwood soaps. Nontheless, the scent is great. It is somewhat woody with a bit of vanilla (at least to my nose).

Lather: Good enough, with some left over.

Efficacy: Could be slicker. Cushioning is OK.

Moisturizing: Contains Vitamin E. Not as drying as other soaps.

Notes: This is a good soap for the price. It is available at Crabtree & Evelyn's stores and from their Web site.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)