What's new

Sandalwood Luxury Shaving Cream

Pros: scent, efficacy
Cons: price
This is my first review.

This bowl of cream was a little pricy.

But when took efficacy and the nice sandalwood mixed lanolin scent in to consideration, it was reasonable.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: smooth, comfortable shave
Cons: light scent, lack of moisturization
Note: I purchased this as a sample, so I'm basing my price and packaging ratings on what I found online, compared to other creams I have used.
This is a very firm cream, so it takes the tiniest bit more effort to lather than Trumper's or Truefitt & Hill, but it results in plenty of lather for 3 or more passes.
The scent is about 3 parts soap to 1 part sandalwood, etc., which quickly fades to more soap, so you won't be in danger of offending anyone in the elevator at work. If you're looking to bathe in the aroma of sandalwood, you'll have to look elsewhere.
The lather itself is very thick and sticks closely to the skin (I face lather with a brush). The slickness makes for a trouble-free shave. I had no problems navigating through the standard 3 passes and was rewarded with a very comfortable BBS shave.
The chief drawback I find with this cream lies in its principal asset: its soapiness. This is not the most moisturizing cream I've ever used. There's even the slightest amount of burn afterwards, especially if you get any in your mouth (although not nearly as much as Old Spice cream).
While it's plenty smooth during the shave, you'll need a moisturizer afterwards; even Piccadilly's own website admits this. I used Trumper's Sandalwood Skin Food, but I could have done with more, as I used what I thought would be adequate, but find that this cream requires more.
Even with the points deducted for the weak scent and dryness, as a shaving cream, Piccadilly's Sandalwood works great. With the caveats I listed, I have no hesitation in recommending it, and would use it again.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)