What's new

Saint Charles Shave (SCS) Oakmoss Lavendula Aftershave Cream

D
I'll keep this short and sweet. It's like the previous reviewer said, exactly. The oakmoss fragrance marries so well with the lavender that it just smells heavenly. So do the shave cream and the EDT. If you like one you might want them all. The only minor issue is the lid that comes with the bottle gets gunked up when you shake it (it doesn't really match the container well) so I have found a pump bottle that fits it...no more problem). Great product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Price: Exceptional, especially if you keep in mind the fact that 'a little goes on long way'. It becomes an even better deal if you decide to combine shipping with other SCS items and try to take advantage of the many sales that Sue posts in the Shopping Forum.

Quality: Well packaged and like all of the other SCS lines I've tried, it has a smell that's not only extremely pleasant, but is long lasting, too.

Fights Razor Burn: The cream really soothes your skin! It made my face feel feel clean and rejuvenated without feeling oily at all.

Cooling Sensation: A little thicker than the SCS milks, the cream feels cool immediately as it's going on and soothes your face fast. By comparison, the Bay Rum w/ a Twist milk feels cool and refreshing, but it has a second or 2 of mild burn getting there.

Scent: Somehow, SCS has made it so this doesn't have a lavender scent as much as it has a nice woodsy kind of floral smell. I guess it smells what I'd picture a French country side smelling like after seeing an impressionist show at the museum. I really like it.

Efficacy: It does exactly what it's designed to do.

Moisturizing: I feel like it's very moisturizing, especially considering the astringent properties lavender is known for.

No Alcohol Burn: I didn't feel any.

Considering the ingredients start and end with Lavender I'm impressed that there's still a nice undercurrent of 'forest' coming from the Oakmoss. It's a comfortable clean smell that I can see why others like it in the SCS shaving cream and EDT (which I'm bound to get in the future based on this cream).
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)