What's new

Saint Charles Shave Dagger A/S Milk

I love SCS balms and splashes (Savory Rose, Hydro, Bay Rum with a twist), and they all are fantastic performers. All I can say is "a dime sized amount"?!? Yikes, that's a lot in SCS terms, lol...
Up for your consideration is a review of Saint Charles Shave's Dagger A/S Milk. I had been perusing the SCS Website and looking at their aftershaves when I came across the description for Dagger:

"Dagger is a blend of Lemon, Bergamot, Lavender, Sage, Sandalwood, Tobacco and Cedar. Use only a few drops after your shave".
http://saintcharlesshave.com/aftershave.asp

Well needless to say, this sounded fantastic as I love Cedar, Sandalwood, and Lemon and the rest sounded nice as well. It also didn't say it contained alcohol which was a plus for me as I hate any aftershave with an Alcohol Burn. I also don't like Menthol, which this does not have.....yet another plus.

So I ordered some. At 7.50 for 2 ounces plus shipping it seemed more than reasonable because I figured it would take very little to do the job and there are far pricier products out there. Since I like supporting small business whenever possible (especially now in the rough economy), this was a "kill two birds with one stone" order.

After anxiously awaiting it's delivery I used it. WOW! GREAT STUFF! A tiny little bit on the head, maybe a dime sized amount (but very thin, still can see your palm through it) and the same for the face and WOW, smell that complex scent mix. Oh it smells so good I could bathe in the stuff. It seemed to take away most if not all razor burn that I sometimes get and it moisturizes very lightly without being greasy or heavy (great since I have oily skin). It'll get a bit sticky if you use too much but that will fade once it dries. After about 30 minutes or less I don't notice the scent on myself at all anymore, so i'm not sure if it has faded or if I've gotten used to it by then.

Dagger comes packaged in a frosted glass bottle with a very positive feeling screw-top. My only recommendation for SCS would be to add a spout of sorts to control the flow as the stuff is pretty loose and can spill out if you aren't careful. I have been using the product now for over 2 weeks (everyday on my head and face) and as you can see from the photo below, very little of the 2oz has been used so it'll last a good while.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this product and i'm so satisfied, I currently don't feel the need to peruse other aftershaves. I am impressed.

Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)