What's new

Saint Charles Shave Bulgarian Lavender Aftershave Milk

This is one of my all time favorite after shave treatments (milks as it is called, or a thinner consistency balm as others would name it). I love it. Got it as Sue's July 2009 special together with the matching cream. I like it so much, I ordered a few more of her ASM's yesterday in different scents!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
If you've ever used any of Sues products you won't be disappointed with this one! The scent, when used with or without her Lavender soap or cream in incredible.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I couldn't believe there wasn't a review of SCS' latest creation...her Bulgarian Lavender products!

When I tried the ASM and later the soap, I was hooked.

Price:

As with all of Saint Sue's products, you're going to be hard pressed to find quality ingredients in a shaving product for a better price. All of Sue's products are VERY reasonable and have a plethora of goodies for you and your face!

Quality:

Lavender Hydrosol, Witch Hazel, Moisturizer, Aloe, Allatonin, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Cocoa Butter, Bulgarian Lavender EO, Menthol...the list goes on. This stuff has face healing properties all over (and more importantly in) the bottle!

Fights Razor Burn:

Well, I'm writing this today because I had a horrible shave today (first in months). I originally used a different AS and that only exacerbated the burn, redness, weepers etc. Thus, I turned to Saint Sue for help...she didn't dissapoint! Within an hour, my face was restored thanks to this product!

Cooling Sensation:

I love the menthol level in this product. Not kick you in the butt level like Proraso splash or something similar, but very mild and more important...lasting! I was still feeling it well after the shave.

Scent:

The scent of Bulgarian Lavender is out of this world as far as Lavender's go...and Saint Sue has really done a number to get this and her soaps just right. My only complaint is that it doesn't last long enough! I find that the scent of this ASM is usually gone within the hour. But, its healing properties and feel more than make up for this small deficiency. Further, aftershaves are supposed to be about healing the face anyway...not scent. Scent is simply a "nice to have" quality for an aftershave.

Efficacy:

Put simply, I dont have a more "healing" aftershave in my collection than this. Proraso splash is good, and has many of the same ingredients...but not all. Sue's milks have so many goodies in them, they are almost guaranteed to turn any bad shave into a good one!

Moisturizing:

One of Sue's milks' best qualities. This stuff is easy to overuse and make your face feel a bit tacky. But with even the slightest amount, your face will feel refreshed and moisturized for hours afterwards.

No Alcohol Burn:

I've had the tiniest (and I mean tiny) sting occassionally from this product. But that is only on the days of my worst shaves. Ironically, during today's shave I think I already killed the sting with the previous AS I tried. By the time I got to Sue, it was all gone.

All in all, if you like Lavender and are looking for a high quality, low cost, great smelling aftershave milk....look no farther than Saint Sue and Saint Charles Shave! :thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)