What's new

Safari by Ralph Lauren

Pros: Scent, super slick, rich lather
Cons: Discontinued
First off, I love Safari. I still have cologne and AS, so had I known about shave soaps at the time, I would have hoarded some of that as well. Price: This is tricky because the soap is discontinued, so hopefully you can find someone wanting to reduce their denQuality: This is a great soap that lasts for years in storageScent: Safari has a deep musky scent and I love it. However, I don't wear it much during the summer.Lather: Wow! This stuff produces some very slick lather with great cushion it is one of my top performersEfficacy: Very efficient, loads tons of lather on my brushMoisturizing: Very nice, soft feel afterwardsOn second thought, maybe I should give this a negative review so I can be first to pick it up on the BST!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, Lather, Moisturizing
Cons: Discontinued, Price
This soap works great. I get tons of slick, cushioning lather very easily. Great scent. One of my favorites.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Okay, just to give some background, before safari I've used the following products:

Gillette Cream
Bic Cream
TOBS Cream
Proraso (green) Cream
Santa Maria Novella Cream/Soap
CADE Soap
Tabac Soap
MWF Soap
The Gentlemen's Quarter Soap
Speick Soap Stick

Safari is clearly on the same league of tabac/mwf and CADE, so it's a great soap with a great scent, and is tallow based, what could one complain about?

I wish I've bought more than 2 pucks from sliceoflife!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I know I put 10s on everything, and often that makes the review unbelievable, but Safari is by far my favourite soap. The scent is amazing! I can't say enough about the scent. The soap lathers up like a dream and delivers pillowy soft tallow softness. As it is no longer made I suggest you buy as much as you can when you find it!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Imagine yourself abandoned in a Madagascar jungle. The ground beneath you damp, the skies above shunned by the ominous palms peering over you. A flicker of light manages to sneak in but only to blind you. You stare ahead, left, right: silence. A sudden shriek from the rear, you jolt around - only a lemur fighting over the daily feast. You continue moving. The indigenous plants are no obstacle with the help of a machete you pulled from the grip of a corpse. You have been here for several days; your dress shirt soiled and ripped, your slacks converted to shorts, and the humble penny loafers, scuffed like the facade of humanity. You don't have any sense of direction but feel as if you should keep moving. The sun sets. Suddenly the jungle is silent and your foot steps echo from the crushing of leaves and twigs. You stop, but can still hear the steps. Suddenly you are no longer alone - staring into the glazed eyes of a white tiger, illuminated by the sight of you. You tighten you grasp of the machete as you negotiate your path around the tiger, but he won't let you go that easily. Welcome to Safari.

The strongest factor of this soap is its aroma. It has a musk-like scent, a powerful kick to the sinuses not for the faint of heart. If you are heavily dependent on those flowery London creams this soap isn't for you, nancy boy. Then again, it does become more mild once you being lathering. For best results use a little extra water to ensure you activate the tallow-influence lubrication. With such a dominant fragrance that lingers post-shave, you can decide to delay the AS as you bask in your manliness.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)