What's new

Royall Spyce

I picked up the 8 oz bottle on Amazon for about 28 bucks and it had free shipping so I liked that. The scent is very nice and warm, it smells a little like Old Spice with a little bit of bay rum added and the dry down is a tad powdery scented but not too much. It has a pretty decent staying power,my wife said it's not going to win any awards but it didn't get a thumbs down from her. Overall it's a nice spicy scent that I'll replace when it's gone.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Picked this up a while back and have been using it as a cologne. Love the smell and it lasts a long time too. Packaging is really nice.

Decided to use it as an aftershave today - I thought it burned a hole in my neck! :eek:

Other than that, I really like this stuff.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Another mini-bottle I obtained, with the same outrageous price and the same cheap plastic cap. This is a nice scent, but to me it contains a few harsh notes at first. After it dries, it mellows somewhat to a clove and nutmeg-heavy aroma that lasts all day. Good and warming and a overall a pleasant, if strong scent.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
I really like this scent. It can be worn anytime morning or evening. My wife really like it as well. I think you get you monies worth because the scent lasts.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Royall Spyce was my first acquisition from Royall Ltd. from Bermuda, and I actually purchased it in Bermuda while on vacation a few years back. The Spyce scent is very complex, it has many warm notes including cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves. Its a great scent for the fall and winter, and I prefer to use it as an aftershave with my Trumper's Almond cream, but I think it would go nice with Coconut scents as well, or maybe even Sandalwood? All these Royall scents have three uses listed on the bottle, so its difficult to categorize them within the review. As an aftershave however, I notice a significant alcohol burn, more so than the Royall Bay Rhum - but no unusual redness so I guess its normal.
Definitely a unique scent, and long-lasting, and it gets a big thumbs up from the SWMBO.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)