Like the jojoba oil, I had a difficult time determining which category this review should be placed in. As it can be used for more than an a/s product, I felt it most appropriately fit as a Skin & Body Care product.
Price - This bottle was ordered from Mountain Rose Herbs at the non-sale price of $12.75. The amount of product consumed per use is very small, therefore, an 8 oz. bottle could potentially last for a very long time.
Packaging - In a word, Terrible! It is unattractive and very non-functional. It is difficult to extract the product from the bottle without making a soupy mess.
Quality/Moisturizing/Efficacy - This is like no other product I have ever tried. Based on a very informative write up on the Mountain Rose Herbs website, here is a summary of some very interesting information:
- should be refrigerated because of its susceptibility to fluctuations in temperature, oxygen, and light.
- has only recently become recognized by the general public for its anti-aging and skin rejuvenation abilities
- studies have shown skin regeneration, reduction of scars and wrinkles, regaining of skins natural color and tone
- contains Vitamin A which helps delay skin aging, assists with cell regeneration, and promotes collagen and elastin levels to increase
- has been used to successfully treat: stretch marks; UV damage from overexposure to the sun; scars from surgery, burns, and acne; Eczema; Psoriasis; wrinkles and premature skin aging; hyper-pigmentation; dermatitis; age spots, brittle nails, dry and damaged hair
- may be used straight from the bottle, or incorporated into a cream, lotion, facial oil, or massage oil.
- is mild enough to be used undiluted on the skin.
This product has skyrocketed up the charts into the sacred "favorite" position.