What's new

Rosehip Seed Oil

Item Description

proxy.php

Like the jojoba oil, I had a difficult time determining which category this review should be placed in. As it can be used for more than an a/s product, I felt it most appropriately fit as a Skin & Body Care product.

Price - This bottle was ordered from Mountain Rose Herbs at the non-sale price of $12.75. The amount of product consumed per use is very small, therefore, an 8 oz. bottle could potentially last for a very long time.

Packaging - In a word, Terrible! It is unattractive and very non-functional. It is difficult to extract the product from the bottle without making a soupy mess.

Quality/Moisturizing/Efficacy - This is like no other product I have ever tried. Based on a very informative write up on the Mountain Rose Herbs website, here is a summary of some very interesting information:

- should be refrigerated because of its susceptibility to fluctuations in temperature, oxygen, and light.

- has only recently become recognized by the general public for its anti-aging and skin rejuvenation abilities

- studies have shown skin regeneration, reduction of scars and wrinkles, regaining of skins natural color and tone

- contains Vitamin A which helps delay skin aging, assists with cell regeneration, and promotes collagen and elastin levels to increase

- has been used to successfully treat: stretch marks; UV damage from overexposure to the sun; scars from surgery, burns, and acne; Eczema; Psoriasis; wrinkles and premature skin aging; hyper-pigmentation; dermatitis; age spots, brittle nails, dry and damaged hair

- may be used straight from the bottle, or incorporated into a cream, lotion, facial oil, or massage oil.

- is mild enough to be used undiluted on the skin.

This product has skyrocketed up the charts into the sacred "favorite" position.

Latest reviews

But I just can't do it. It feels like rubbing olive oil all over my face. I feel certain this would cause me to have an acne breakout as though I were a teenager. Perhaps I'll give it another go in the winter, when my skin is drier, but I can't imagine this stuff will be good except for those blessed with flawless skin at all times.

I gave it good marks for price and quality, because it IS a quality oil, and well-priced. But as an ASB, it just doens't work for me.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Normally, I would disqualify myself from reviewing this, for reasons that will becomse apparent shortly. However, I feel that all possible considerations should be mentioned.

I wanted to like this stuff, but it just sets my face on fire. It gives me a rash within minutes.

I'm saving the rest for the kids who will soon come a courtin' my daughter. Instant pimples for the louts.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Hi all -

SSL - it's used as an A/S moisturizer. I have this exact product. I don't feel the packaging is so terrible because, let's be honest, the packaging that we received (8 oz.) is designed to be decanted into a smaller containter. This is basically the "bulk" size.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Kyle
Views
Reviews
Last update