What's new

Rooney Style 2, Size 1 Super Silvertip

Very ergonomic, nice to look at, lathers like crazy, works great with soaps, nice soft face feel. Really good bang for your buck.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
I had this brush for two years .It is great ,but a bit floppy.
Very soft and one of my favorites.
Cheers ROCKET
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
This is a fantastic brush, and of course Rooney has no shortage of admirers in this forum. I hadn't seen this specific brush in their line reviewed yet so I decided to put my two cents in.

attachment.php

Price: Darn good for what you get. This is a fantastic value. At approx $80 (+/-$5) This brush is top notch in terms of value for money.

Quality: Has not shed one single hair from its very dense knot since I purchased it (admittedly used a few times by previous owner). The handle is very well made, the brush tip is very even and uniform.

Density: This is a very dense brush (as most Rooneys are). If you like dense brushes this is your brush (I am in this crowd).

Stiffness of Tips: With the loft and knot size being what they are (54mm and 23mm respectively) this is a somewhat stiff brush. That, however, does not detract from its softness. It is stiff enough to be a brush for those, like me, who primarily use soaps and face lather.

Softness of Tips: Again, although the tips are stiff, they are equally soft. I have not detected any stritchiness from the tips at all.

Ergonomic: The handle is well long enough for the largest of hands. Fits well in the hand and does not get the hand full of lather no matter how much lather is loaded on the brush.

Latherabilty: Creates an excellent thick, rich lather, but likely suffers a little in retaining lather as the brush is so dense. Takes some getting used to for those who have been using a much less dense brush previously.

All in all, a fantastic brush. One that I highly recommend. It has top quality construction pared with excellent materials. For the price, this may be one of the cost/benefit brushes anywhere.

Here are some pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Alongside my other brush the Edwin Jaegger (C&E) Best Badger Brush (on left). The Rooney is a little shorter in loft, but WAY more dense. It is a little less floppy than the EJ and lathers equally well with soaps.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)