What's new

Rooney Stubby Heritage XL

I really enjoy this (1XL) brush. I have not lost any hairs since new. I like how the tips are super soft and yet the hairs have great backbone. I find this brush works equally well with soaps and creams. I wish the handle was a tad longer as I flung it out of my hand once, but that was on the first usage and was not used to it yet. Really nice quality. I've posted some camera phone pics with my old C&J/EJ super badger for size and knot density comparison. Keep in mind I took the photos when the Rooney was new so it has not bloomed yet. I recommend this brush to bowl and face lathers. Cheers!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Well it may be a little premature to review a brush after one use, but the new Rooney Stubby XL made quite the impression on me.

Price - Approximately $150 shipped from vintageblades. Definitely on the higher end of things, but compared to say a Chubby 1 in 2-band super it is right in line. These brushes seem like they were also created to directly compete with the Simpson Chubby series.

Quality - I absolutely love Rooney brushes. This brush didn't shed a single hair on the first use. The Rooney labels seem to look like they will hold up. Oh, and the brushes have a very pronounced fan shape loft. Try getting that from a simpsons.

Density - Not as dense as a Rooney Finest, but then again nothing is. This brush is quite dense enough though and probably comparable to what you'll get from a simpson's chubby or a Rooney Super.

Stiffness - I think there is a perfect balance of backbone on this brush. Not overly stiff, but plenty there to load soaps just fine and provides a moderate scrubby face feeling.

Softness - Wow :w00t: This brush may have the softest tips of any brush I currently own. It reminds me of a vie-long I once owned that at that time had the softest tips I'd encountered. Combined with the density of this brush, the soft tips are an added bonus.

Ergonomic - The handle is on the short side and some may experience some issues here. On arrival I thought that it would be way too short, but on use it didn't seem to be that much of a problem.

Latherability - Load your brush appropriately for the density and you should never have a problem in this area.

Overall - I've owned a ton of brushes (30+) and have since paired that down to 5 at the time of this writing. This brush will become number 6 and stay in my den for a long time. It is a perfect compliment to my Rooney Finest and something completely different. Softer, non-scritchy tips, a little less density and backbone, but overall a completely different and equally good face feel. I would not hesitate to recommend this brush to any face latherer.

Disclaimer - Pic was shamelessly stolen from a thread in the brush section :blush:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)