What's new

Rooney Size 1/Style 1 Super Silvertip.

Item Description

This was my first Rooney, and so far the densest brush I own.

The price is pretty reasonable. It's one of their cheaper brushes, but only because of its size. This is a SMALL brush, but it is extremely well equipped to make great lather, and tons of it.

That said, the quality is exceptional. I have

It's much more on the soft side than stiff, which is what I like. If you want stiffer, you can go with the best bader or pure badger grades.

Really, the only downside of this brush, comes from its size. It is a small brush, and has a small handle, which is detrimental to its ergonomic aspect. The brush itself is very stiff, and because the handle is small, scrubbing my soaps, and applying soaps and creams to my face can be a little hard. I don't mind this that much though.

This brush is perfect for soaps and face lathering [what I use/do 9/10 shaves]. I can work up a huge load of lather with any soap.

Awesome brush. Highly recommended.

Latest reviews

Just got my Rooney 1/1 silvertip ebony today. Been practice lathering with it a few times, found it very easy to figure out correct mixtures on both soaps and my creams. It is a wonderful little brush, exactly the size, density, soft/firmness I was looking for. And it holds tons of lather for her size too.

Just sold my Kent bk8, been using my vulfix 2234 again, this Rooney is a soft tipped, but yet gentle scrubber, with just enough back bone for sensitive skin, but doesnt try to skin you alive either. I ordered mine from Vintage blades as well, and asked for the <44mm loft as well (apparently they get the shorter lofts by choice). I am a small brush lover, as I do own a Wee scot, and love it. But it is a travel brush at the moment. If your looking for the in between wee scot, and the 2234 type brush, this is IT!! I look forward to updating in several months on the break in time, and how much more I love her. P.s I was torn between ordering the Savile Row 3118, and this. If you were stuck as I was, I really, really think this brush is MY answer longterm now!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
I honestly don't know why this brush isn't getting more reviews - or discussion. I'll admit,at first I wsn't thrilled with my Rooney 1/1. It didn't lather well and seemed a little "aloof" to me, if that makes any sense. So I started using it every day. And every day this little guy gets better and better! Lathers like a champ - and getting better! - and has a great feel. Hasn't lost a hair since I got it. My tip, then, for a new Rooney buyer: Have patience wth the brush and it'll reward you. At least that's my experience.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
I recently picked up one of these second hand from B/S/T. As it was second hand, I can't comment on the affordability. It is one of if not the best brush I have. It is both firm and soft. The hairs are very soft but because it is so dense it has a firmness sbout it as well. I've got 11 brushes in the collection and to be honest, I find most of them too soft. Not so this one. It is great with both soap and cream and due to it's small size, it is also a very handy travel brush. If I had to pick one brush out of my collection, this would be it.

Item information

Added by
neilxvx
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Shaving Brushes (Reviews)

More from neilxvx

Top Bottom