What's new

Rooney Genuine Silvertip

Item Description

displayimage.php

The Rooney Style 2, small Genuine Silvertip. It's not a big bloomer, but it does deliver! With a 60mm loft, this brush is only 5mm smaller than the large Rooney brushes. And my first thought was that I would be "mopping" with this brush. But it was the PJ style handle that attracted me to the brush, I decided to keep an open mind.

Let's start with the handle. Like all of the new Rooney brushes, the handle is a faux ivory color with a "woodgrain" type pattern. The handle itself is 55mm tall, and very comfortable in the hand. The smooth sleek finish did not get slippery, and I like the gloss.
displayimage.php

After adding a dollop of Tabac to my shaving bowl, I put the brush to use. The load the brush is holding took about two minutes to build. As you can see, it's loaded for bear!
displayimage.php

One pass later, you can see that the brush has opened up a bit. Just a bit on the floppy side, the brush does close up after applying the lather, unlike my SR-208 that stays splayed open.
displayimage.php

Two passes later, and the brush is still full. The brush is very soft on the face, and does "flop" just a bit, but with it's tall loft, it delivers the lather from down inside with no issues. I'll call it "floppy", but not "moppy".

I've used this brush exclusively for the past week. Soaps, creams, whatever, the brush delivers. Hard soaps take a bit more effort, but it's worth it. For $65 bucks, the Rooney Style 2, Small, Genuine Silvertip is not a bad investment. For the price, it's a great mid-range brush, and just a bit taller in loft than most brushes I've seen in this range. It won't be my "go to" brush, but it will definitely be in the rotation.

Discuss this thread here.

Randy

Latest reviews

displayimage.php

The Rooney Style 2, small Genuine Silvertip. It's not a big bloomer, but it does deliver! With a 60mm loft, this brush is only 5mm smaller than the large Rooney brushes. And my first thought was that I would be "mopping" with this brush. But it was the PJ style handle that attracted me to the brush, I decided to keep an open mind.

Let's start with the handle. Like all of the new Rooney brushes, the handle is a faux ivory color with a "woodgrain" type pattern. The handle itself is 55mm tall, and very comfortable in the hand. The smooth sleek finish did not get slippery, and I like the gloss.
displayimage.php

After adding a dollop of Tabac to my shaving bowl, I put the brush to use. The load the brush is holding took about two minutes to build. As you can see, it's loaded for bear!
displayimage.php

One pass later, you can see that the brush has opened up a bit. Just a bit on the floppy side, the brush does close up after applying the lather, unlike my SR-208 that stays splayed open.
displayimage.php

Two passes later, and the brush is still full. The brush is very soft on the face, and does "flop" just a bit, but with it's tall loft, it delivers the lather from down inside with no issues. I'll call it "floppy", but not "moppy".

I've used this brush exclusively for the past week. Soaps, creams, whatever, the brush delivers. Hard soaps take a bit more effort, but it's worth it. For $65 bucks, the Rooney Style 2, Small, Genuine Silvertip is not a bad investment. For the price, it's a great mid-range brush, and just a bit taller in loft than most brushes I've seen in this range. It won't be my "go to" brush, but it will definitely be in the rotation.

Discuss this thread here.

Randy

Item information

Added by
rtaylor61
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Shaving Brushes (Reviews)

More from rtaylor61

Top Bottom