What's new

Roger & Gallet L'Homme After Shave Balm

Item Description

I've been looking for a good balm for some time now. This Roger & Gallet balm crossed my path and I decided to try it.

Now, I have to say I am not a fan of menthol products as they've been linked to ingrown hairs (a huge problem for me), however I actually liked this one. Irritation or not, the shave must be followed by something that doesn't make your face itch when sweating, especially in the winter. I applied this balm and the cooling sensation almost felt like I'd put my face in a bucket of alcohol. However, there is no alcohol in it which is another major plus.

It went on without any fuss and got absorbed relatively quickly. I would say this is a better balm than the Gentlemen's Refinery even for my dry and sensitive skin.

Packaging wise, it's in an upright squeezable tube that is great for travelling (it doesn't drip) and it means when it's towards the end, there is no need to have to stand on it in order to get the last spoonfuls out!

The scent is very sweet, light, masculine (doh!) and unobtrusive. I've worn this after using Trumper's Rose soap, Creed Original Vetiver and Tabac and it goes well with Terre d' Hermes, Creed Original Vetiver and AdP Colonia.

Latest reviews

D
I've been looking for a good balm for some time now. This Roger & Gallet balm crossed my path and I decided to try it.

Now, I have to say I am not a fan of menthol products as they've been linked to ingrown hairs (a huge problem for me), however I actually liked this one. Irritation or not, the shave must be followed by something that doesn't make your face itch when sweating, especially in the winter. I applied this balm and the cooling sensation almost felt like I'd put my face in a bucket of alcohol. However, there is no alcohol in it which is another major plus.

It went on without any fuss and got absorbed relatively quickly. I would say this is a better balm than the Gentlemen's Refinery even for my dry and sensitive skin.

Packaging wise, it's in an upright squeezable tube that is great for travelling (it doesn't drip) and it means when it's towards the end, there is no need to have to stand on it in order to get the last spoonfuls out!

The scent is very sweet, light, masculine (doh!) and unobtrusive. I've worn this after using Trumper's Rose soap, Creed Original Vetiver and Tabac and it goes well with Terre d' Hermes, Creed Original Vetiver and AdP Colonia.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)