What's new

Rockwell Razors Stainless Steel DE Razor Blades

Rockwell DE Blades
Pros: Well, they are better than the Bic blades.
Cons: Too many to list.
They tug, they are not very sharp and are just plain awful. Using better quality soaps or creams (SMN, Baume.be, Esbjerg, Nuavia, MWF, MDC, etc) didn’t alter my shaving experience with these blades. Well okay, maybe the shaves went from awful to slightly less awful. I expected much more considering that these blades are made from Swedish steel and how good the 6S is. Why would Rockwell besmirch their reputation by putting their name on such a substandard blade? In the Pros section I mentioned that the Rockwell blades are better than the BIC blades. That was a backhanded compliment, seeing how the BIC blades were very good in removing skin and leavin beard follicles intact. :117:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: included with my razor
Cons: not a very good blade
I received 100 of these for backing a Rockwell razor. I've got another 100 coming with another razor . I'm not impressed with these, they're on par for me with the Van Der Hagen or Merkur blades. They tug and provide a very uncomfortable shave. I could make do with them if they were the only blade out there, but fortunately they are not. The Rockwell 6C they came with is an excellent razor, though. No complaints there.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Clean looking and double-wrapped.
No rust.
Cons: I purchased 4 tucks and 2 of them only had 4 blades each!
Pulls and are similar (for me) to Voshkod.
One shave and into the bin.
Oily smell from blade and packaging.
Inexpensive cardboard tuck, outer wrap and printing but inner wax wrapper is ok.
I retrieved a new blade from my island of lost blades to give one a try again. The blade pulled on the first pass but calmed down. The shave was not the smoothest but the end result was bloodless and acceptably close (DFS++). Not the best feeling blade and I would not risk a second use based on past experience.

From a price/performance perspective, these are just not there for me. But, YMMV.

On a different note, what has happened to the price of Astras? They seem to have had a bump in price on one major internet store where the price is approaching $18 (Canadian) for 100 blades.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: A bit sharper than Derby (which I like). I get a decently close, irritation free shave.
Cons: does not last as long as a Derby for me, maybe 2 or 3 shaves maximum
Some of the least expensive blades in a 100 pack. They are sharp enough and smooth enough for me. Much closer to Derby than Feather. Though they do not last for as many shaves as some blades, their low cost offsets that. I find them both servicable and satisfactory.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: It's a razor blade that will cut hair.
Cons: For my face and hair, it felt extremely dull and pulled very badly.
Tried this blade from my newbie PIF collection this morning.

Used Proraso pre-shave and cream (green) and my 34C. I've mainly used Astras to this point for comparison.

On the first stroke, the blade pulled HORRIBLY. Adjust angle, go again, pulled just as bad. Adjust, reattempt. No go. Try the second one out of the sampler to eliminate a fluke bad blade. Same story, multiple angles, still pulling.

Both blades are now in the disposal box. I put a Feather in and had one of the best shaves yet.

Price: Free to me, but there are better blades for the same or less.

Quality: Appears to be a quality made blade.

Longevity: About 3 strokes for me.

Packaging: Really sharp looking packaging.

Sharpness: On the order of kindergarten scissors.

Smoothness: 80 grit.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave