What's new

Rivivage

Item Description

Another fantastic, although somewhat obscure stateside, German shaving soap

Latest reviews

Pros: Long lasting, slick lather, wonderful scent
Cons: None
This is by far my most favorite soap for shaving with the straight razor. While the packaging and presentation may not look like much, the performance is spectacular for me. I own and use only three soaps exclusively for shaving and this one tops the other two.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Great shaving soap. The only thing I can fault it on is it's small size. I don't care for heavily scented soaps on a daily basis. This has a nice light fresh scent, lathers great and a slick protective lather. Good stuff.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Latherability, slickness, cushion, price
Cons: Availability, Scent
I am a big fan of German shave soaps. I had my eye on this one for a while, and then RoyalShave had a killer deal on them (excellent customer service btw). So I bought a puck.

Price: I paid $3.95 for 60 grams, but even at the normal $7.95 price, its a good deal. Comparable if not cheaper than many other soaps out there.

Quality: Although it comes in a little plastic bag, this keeps costs down. You can buy it in a box if you prefer, but its more expensive. So save on the packaging and buy it in the bag. The soap is imprinted on the top, but it is more of a mound than a traditional puck shape.

Scent: Perfume is on the ingredients list. Its kind of a soft, clean scent. Definitely not polarizing or offensive. I enjoy it, but I prefer having some scent. It just smells soapy and fresh.

Lather: It takes very little time at all to create a thick, cushioning lather. The lather feels really creamy to me, which isn't a quality I notice that often.

Efficacy: This soap lets the razor glide smoothly across your skin. Supposedly it is designed to prevent ingrowns and soothe the skin. I don't know about the last bit, but it works well.

Moisturizing: I normally use AS, so this category is a bit of a moot point IMO, but it didn't dry my face out at all.

All in all, another superb German shaving soap that I highly recommend. I've tried a lot of very good soaps, and this just felt so pleasurable to use. Although there aren't many vendors that carry it in the US, its well worth trying.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)