What's new

Rituals Organic Aftershave Lotion

I have always been very particular about my aftershaves and recently I've been on a minimalist quest- I don't like the idea of using an aftershave splash, then balm, then moisturizer- it just seems like too many products and too many frills...

I wanted one product that I could use year round, sooths my skin, and leaves it conditioned and moisturized without leaving any heavy or oily residue. I heard about Rituals Organic Aftershave lotion and decided to give it a try. After using it pretty often for a few weeks I'd like to share some of my thoughts:

Price: $26.50 for a huge 8 ounce tub which will easily last you 1+ years.

Quality: The ingredients include milk protein (for sealing, moisturizing, and soothing), honey (antiseptic), tamanu oil (regenerative, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial), sweet almond oil (moisturizing), jojoba oil (waterproofer), and shea butter (moisturizing)- so big :thumbup: on the quality front...

Fights Razor Burn: I don't get that much burn as is, but this stuff is great as soothing my skin after shaving and making my skin feel conditioned.

Cooling Sensation: None

Scent: The cream has a light and pleasant citrus scent that fades quickly after application. It will not interfere with any colognes that you wear.

Efficacy: This stuff just works... It is a thicker cream but spreads very easily. I wet my face down just a little and massage it in- it sinks in immediately and feels great... I like the face feel a lot more then Eshave or QED which upon application feel very heavy/oily to me (both subside momentarily, but that initial application was never something I enjoyed with either product and is much better with Rituals).

Moisturizing: Milk Protein, Sweet Almond Oil, and Shea Butter... Its nice and rich but sinks in w/o leaving any residue... great moisturizing properities!

No Alcohol Burn: Well there isn't any alcohol, so its great on that front.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)