What's new

Restored Red Imp by Case

AHHHHH.......

Anything made by Case is gonna be good. I would like to take credit, but it's the blade not me. Any your right, the quality will rival most of what is produced today.
So I wanted to share my experience with this restored Red Imp razor that I bought on eBay from lax, as today was my first day shaving with it.

I was actually a little scared about using it, probably because of the red color -- I mean, a RED razor, that can't be good, right? But my concern quickly disappeared as I started to shave. The blade is very thin and hollow, and you can actually hear it shaving off each individual whisker. Many of my other razors kind of bump or skip along my face, but this is the first razor I've ever tried that actually WIPES whiskers off your face. It's kind of a hard feeling to describe, but the confidence that you get from using this razor to shave is incredible. I was actually attacking parts of my face that I've tried to avoid in the past, like around the chin and mouth, and really enjoying the process.

It may be the way it was honed or the weight of the blade, but I also found the edge to be pretty damn forgiving. A few times I made my usual newbie mistakes with the razor and could feel the blade very briefly pressing into my skin at the wrong angle. But instead of cutting my face, I was able to pull the blade off and just keep on shaving.

In total, I would highly recommend this razor. I paid around $55 for it on eBay in very nicely restored condition (although the scales are kind of worn and cut up; thinking about rescaling it now that I know it's a decent shaver). For that money, however, I got a razor that is easily the equal of others in my cabinet that I have paid $200 or more to buy.

Hope this is helpful to you!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Lasting Edge
1.00 star(s)
Craftsmanship
4.00 star(s)
Easy to Sharpen
1.00 star(s)
Easy to Maintain
5.00 star(s)
Shaving Smoothness