What's new

Redbreast Pure Pot Still Irish Whiskey

Jameson 1780 had been in my likker cabinet for years -- until I discovered Redbreast. It's produced in the selfsame distillery as Jameson (Old Middleton) and is a pot still rather than a column still. It has a strong, sweet honey and raisin nose with a full mouth feel. The taste is a sweet caramel flavor with a hint of anise, and a definite influence of the sherry casks in which it lives for 12 wonderful years. To me (and I'm probably alone), it bears a resemblance to Glenmorangie sherry-finished Scotch; just as complex, but with a less "in your face" and sweeter character.

Friends don't let friends drink Bushmills, and neither should you. Try some Redbreast!
Aroma
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Value
4.00 star(s)
Flavor
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Well, gentlemen, I won't get into a big long shopping list of various notes, tastes, hints, and overtones, but I will tell you this: I have been drinking single malts for many a year, and have tried all the classics you might care to mention...

None of them compare to this lovely Irish sipping whiskey. It is subtle, aromatic, and smooth beyond compare. It doesn't have the huge peat aroma and taste of Islay malts, but for my money it is the tipple of choice.

As an added bonus, it has taken my wife from "Eww - get that stuff away from me!" to "Oh, God - can I have another sip of that? It's wonderful!" Anything that can get my lovely lover drinking neat whiskey - against all expectations - deserves double points for me!

Cost is about $43 Canadian
Aroma
3.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Value
4.00 star(s)
Flavor
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging