What's new

Red tip superspeed

Item Description

This is one of my favourite razors and is likely to be one of yours if you enjoy the heft of a fat boy or a rocket HD. It is slightly more aggressive than a regular super speed. I don't have a particularly tough beard (I use the fatboy and slim on number 3) and don't find this razor to be too aggressive at all.

The quality of the shave is excellent. My only minor criticisms of this razor would be:

1. These in good order with a case have become pretty expensive.

2. It is rare to find one with all the paint in tact.

Overall I love this razor and for me is only beaten by the rocket HD and the aristocrat #16.
If you are trying to decide between this and the fatboy I would go for the red tip. There is much less to go wrong with a fixed head razor and mechanically perfect fatboys are thin on the ground. Its also worth noting that the red tip while getting more expensive is generally cheaper than the fatboy.

I've given it a 9 for aggression. I think this is the most subjective of all the ratings.

Latest reviews

This is one of my favourite razors and is likely to be one of yours if you enjoy the heft of a fat boy or a rocket HD. It is slightly more aggressive than a regular super speed. I don't have a particularly tough beard (I use the fatboy and slim on number 3) and don't find this razor to be too aggressive at all.

The quality of the shave is excellent. My only minor criticisms of this razor would be:

1. These in good order with a case have become pretty expensive.

2. It is rare to find one with all the paint in tact.

Overall I love this razor and for me is only beaten by the rocket HD and the aristocrat #16.
If you are trying to decide between this and the fatboy I would go for the red tip. There is much less to go wrong with a fixed head razor and mechanically perfect fatboys are thin on the ground. Its also worth noting that the red tip while getting more expensive is generally cheaper than the fatboy.

I've given it a 9 for aggression. I think this is the most subjective of all the ratings.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)