What's new

Red leaf shave soaps - Black Tea

Item Description

Modern shave soaps with unique scents and awesome after shave lotion.

The first pic is what received along with pics of the set up and lather.

I received the following

beach shave soap
english coast sample shave soap & after shave lotion
lavender sample shave soap
black tea sample shave soap & after shave lotion
A chrome stand

Initial reaction is they are very modern super pleasing to the eye. Soap actually looks great on its chrome stand. I am very pleased with the service he packed them all in individual bubble wrap and then in a bubble envelope. I am really loving the concept of design here, very modern something you can definitely show off in the shave den.

The scents in my opinion are grade A. They honestly all smell great very unique to what scents Ive seen before.

I will describe them to the best I can.

Beach - very clean, soapy type which is a good thing

Black Tea- relaxing,clean, very subtle woods type but kind of greener ,
something nostalgic about this one.

Lavender- refreshing and calming very similar to Dr harris lavender my favorite lavender but more uplifting

English Coast- Enlightening my mind, evokes open air meadows or something, subtly green and fresh nice and clean

I like them all I especially liking the black tea and english coast maybe its the weather. They are all great.

As for the after shave lotion they are scented the same but more subtle which to me is a good thing.

My fav is the black tea its awesome so I decided to give her a try.

My set up in this shave was a 1904 old type ball end with a feather on its 2nd shave, a rooney 1/3 in super, and a bowl. I had 3 days of beard growth to shave off.

I primed my wet brush on the soap while holding the soap in my hand and it picked it right up. At this point its smelling so goood I couldn't wait to put it on my face.

I went to build the lather in my bowl and man the lather was easy to build and plenty of it.

I went to my face with it and it was very slick and moisturizing. I almost couldn't stop applying it it felt so good and smelled awesome.

The shave was perfect very slick no skips no tugs no nicks. I

I finished off with some black tea after shave lotion. I think this stuff is made from aloe vera mostly. I freaking love this stuff it didnt sting and it was super moisturizing. I could feel my skin just sucking it right up, the scent is a bit more subtle than the soap. Which I think is great that way, as im typing this now I can can smell it lightly and its very very pleasant.

Over all I have to say this soap is good value for the buck. I wasnt a big fan of how I had to hold my soap in my hand to build the lather. I know if it was in a jar it would have been that much better. He said he does have them available in the jar at a whopping 9oz if you want them that way.

Its a basic shaving soap base most of our loved soap makers use, so this lather is very familiar. The twist here is the modern look and the unique scents. I am a big fan of the aftershave lotion that alone is very unique and I really love how my skin just absorbed it all up so easily.

You can always buy a few samples at $3.50 a piece, I say Black tea all the way.
Something nostalgic to me abut this one very pleasing. They are all good though.

link to shop here http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5931811

Latest reviews

Modern shave soaps with unique scents and awesome after shave lotion.

The first pic is what received along with pics of the set up and lather.

I received the following

beach shave soap
english coast sample shave soap & after shave lotion
lavender sample shave soap
black tea sample shave soap & after shave lotion
A chrome stand

Initial reaction is they are very modern super pleasing to the eye. Soap actually looks great on its chrome stand. I am very pleased with the service he packed them all in individual bubble wrap and then in a bubble envelope. I am really loving the concept of design here, very modern something you can definitely show off in the shave den.

The scents in my opinion are grade A. They honestly all smell great very unique to what scents Ive seen before.

I will describe them to the best I can.

Beach - very clean, soapy type which is a good thing

Black Tea- relaxing,clean, very subtle woods type but kind of greener ,
something nostalgic about this one.

Lavender- refreshing and calming very similar to Dr harris lavender my favorite lavender but more uplifting

English Coast- Enlightening my mind, evokes open air meadows or something, subtly green and fresh nice and clean

I like them all I especially liking the black tea and english coast maybe its the weather. They are all great.

As for the after shave lotion they are scented the same but more subtle which to me is a good thing.

My fav is the black tea its awesome so I decided to give her a try.

My set up in this shave was a 1904 old type ball end with a feather on its 2nd shave, a rooney 1/3 in super, and a bowl. I had 3 days of beard growth to shave off.

I primed my wet brush on the soap while holding the soap in my hand and it picked it right up. At this point its smelling so goood I couldn't wait to put it on my face.

I went to build the lather in my bowl and man the lather was easy to build and plenty of it.

I went to my face with it and it was very slick and moisturizing. I almost couldn't stop applying it it felt so good and smelled awesome.

The shave was perfect very slick no skips no tugs no nicks. I

I finished off with some black tea after shave lotion. I think this stuff is made from aloe vera mostly. I freaking love this stuff it didnt sting and it was super moisturizing. I could feel my skin just sucking it right up, the scent is a bit more subtle than the soap. Which I think is great that way, as im typing this now I can can smell it lightly and its very very pleasant.

Over all I have to say this soap is good value for the buck. I wasnt a big fan of how I had to hold my soap in my hand to build the lather. I know if it was in a jar it would have been that much better. He said he does have them available in the jar at a whopping 9oz if you want them that way.

Its a basic shaving soap base most of our loved soap makers use, so this lather is very familiar. The twist here is the modern look and the unique scents. I am a big fan of the aftershave lotion that alone is very unique and I really love how my skin just absorbed it all up so easily.

You can always buy a few samples at $3.50 a piece, I say Black tea all the way.
Something nostalgic to me abut this one very pleasing. They are all good though.

link to shop here http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5931811
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing