What's new

Real Shaving Company Shaving Cream

I picked up 3 tubes at Rite-Aid on what looked like a closeout sale for $2.99 ea.
I have been using this cream for about a week.
The cream has a pleasant light scent similiar to moisturizing lotions.

This cream lathers quickly with a boar and easily lasts through a 3 pass shave.

It has a nice cushion and lubricating qualities.

RS doesnt dry me out so I gave it an 8.

I happen to like tubes so I gave that a 10.

I find this cream an excellent value and will buy it again.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I enjoyed this cream when I first tried it in soft water. The scent fine by my tastes - slightly medicinal. It lathers well and was felt lubricating enough when used with soft water.

However in the hard water I have available where I am living now, this cream isn't slippery at all. It still lathers well but my blade skips and hops as if I had fresh alum on my face or something. At first I thought it was something else I was doing with my face; a different soap or something. But I have experimented around and confirmed that this soap is just not slippery with my water here at home. Maybe I have not perfected the water/cream ratio, so at best this soap is unforgiving, at worst it is simply not lubricating enough. I won't buy it again.

[edit] I think I have been too harsh with this cream. I think in light of my water hardness, I have not been using enough product. It is much more slippery when I use a little more, though it does seem more sensitive to mix ratio than the other creams I have used.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
I agree with previous comments. This is a very good quality cream, it lathers up well (and I live in a very hard water area) and smells OK.

For those B&B members living in the UK this cream is currently available in the discount chain Poundland for - would you believe - £1 per tube.

My branch also had a 'Limited Edition' 175g tub which is almost twice as much for your money and to my mind, much nicer packaging than the tube.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
My favorite 'flavor' of The Real Shaving Company creams has to be the Moisturising.

proxy.php

The cream has a gorgeous pearlescent surface. The soft, coco butter scent goes great with AquaVelva Musk or my Crabtree-Evelyn aftershaves.

I've used it with Feather DE razors (with Feather Blades), Gem SE razors and my Gold Dollar 200 Straight... each time I received a quality shave.

Even better, you can't beat the price or availability. On a business trip in middle-of-nowhere USA? Just find a Rite-Aid! It seems like the price fluctuates from store to store, however. I've seen it for $5 and I've seen it for $8. I've even seen stores where the different scents were priced differently!! However, even at $8 the value is there. You get ample, quality shaving cream for a handful of ducats.

My only complaint is it never seemed to lather right for me. I either used to much or too little water, but that's probably user error since I normally stick with milled soaps.

Pick up a tube, lather up and shave. Smells great, protects your skin and just lasts and lasts.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I picked this cream up for 4.99 at Walgreens. It lathers up really well and is quite slick. The scent is pleasant enough, not terribly exciting but pleasant. Nice moisturizing qualities. It contains tea tree oil, which seems to be an all-purpose natural ingredient these days. Not sure if tea tree oil allergies are common; this stuff did seem to irritate the skin on my neck slightly the first time I used it. Subsequent shaves have been okay. At any rate, it does the job very well and may be the best shave cream you can buy off a drugstore shelf.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Had trouble getting a decent lather from this, though it shaved ok and left the skin ok afterwards though cant see me trying it again, as there is better out there and slightly cheaper.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This was the first and only shave cream I have used up to now. On my first application, I was blown away by the results. The lather was thick, hydrating and it smelled really good. I have been using it for about a month now and still have a great time using it on every shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I picked up 2 tubes from the local Rite-Aid for $4.99 each. The scent is not bad, not strong and goes away when I apply aftershave balm. Latherability is a bit finicky; you have to give it just the right amount of water to get a thick, rich lather with the right lubricity. In this respect, it seems less forgiving than other shave creams I've used. Real Shaving Company shave cream does what its supposed to do at a very good price and it's availability make this a no-brainer in a pinch, and could easily become your go to cream for the same reasons.

Happy Shaving!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This is decent/perfectly acceptable cream, until you remember there's absolutely no garbage in it, at which point it becomes an informed choice. Not sexy, no coat of arms. Dickens didn't use it so it won't make you feel like a connoisuer or a "gentleman" but it does the job without doubt and you can get it in any Boots in the UK

addendum:
After using this a little more, I've decided this is actually really good stuff. And if you consider that Bodycare is now selling this for £1.48/tube, its phenomenal value

After some time using this and other creams I'd rate this as good-very good and I'd take this over Speik any day. This is not a "cheap and cheerful" product in which the price plays a large part in the evaluation- its well-priced and well-made and I don't think "Oh well, I'll give this a go just for a change". I'll always get good results with it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
thick lather is the best part
I recently picked this up at a local Rite Aid. This is prob. some of the best stuff you can buy a a local drug store here in the states. I think I paid 4.50 for the tube so the price is excellent. This company also makes alot of other shaving products, I have tried the Sensitive version of this cream and the moisturizing version and both are excellent in shave quality. I love the scent smells kinds of musky. This stuff is a good buy and its worth a try. So if you are in the states stop by a Rite Aid and pick up a tube. They also have a website that ships directing to the US from the UK.

http://www.realshaving.com/
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Lathers well with a boar brush even in the hardest water. Lubricity was good although not as slippery as the soaps that I am accustomed to (Colonel Conk, VDH) . The trick with this cream is to not use too much, as the lubricity is reduced if insufficient water is mixed in.

The cream itself is pearlescent, reminiscent of Palmolive or Colgate cream in a tube. The scent I could do without, as it does linger for the rest of the day. I will however, carry it in my travels due to it's efficacy in hard water and it's convenient tube package. I don't know if I would choose it again, although there are so few creams available locally in Bethlehem Pennsylvania.

Made in England

Here I am replying to my own review:
I have had this in my travel kit and started using it again all last week. The scent seems to have faded a bit, now I like it a lot more. Good shaves, inexpensive. Works better with a badger brush than a boar brush.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)