What's new

RazoRock XXX shaving cream

Pros: lather, slickness, scent
Cons: need more scent!
I received this free, so price is outstanding. This lathered up very well with a very nice, subdued, masculine scent. I actually wish the scent were stronger, or longer lasting. It provided a nice, cushioned, slick lather and didn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry. I'm becoming a fan of these "croaps" as it appears to be the new wave or product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: price
Cons: packaging
If you don't mind creams with a lot of tallow and don't mind a heavy scent after rinsing then it is ok. The packaging is absolutely crap and the product itself gets very mushy and begins to break up after a while. Even though is "oily" when applied it didn't seem to moisturize my beard. Overall based on the hype I was dissapointed.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: lather, scent, efficacy, moisturizing qualities, price
Cons: stings my face...just a bit
As my supply of various creams and soaps accumulates, I've grown eager to find one I can settle on.

I think that this is it.

It is simply excellent in every regard.

My boar brushes exalt at the sight of RR. A big Omega brush with this cream must be the classic Italian lathering experience.

My only personal caveat is that it stings my face just a tad---I think it is a fragrance issue (I'm hoping one of the other RazoRock creams alleviates this). I love the scent and performance so much that I am willing to label the sensation as "tingle" and enjoy it.

I don't mind the container---a complaint of others---but this stuff would be very easily pressed into a container of your liking

Definitely worth a try. :wink2:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Easy lather and a great shave
Cons: Nada
I bought this from Joe at Italian Barber after emailing him asking which after shave would go with it. His answer was Vitos Aftershaving lotion. I ordered both along with his alum stick (that will be a different review). Joe's service is great but I ordered at the time the Canadian Postal Service decided to go on strike. So it took about a month to get the products.
As you can see I've given it almost 10's across the board, excepting for packaging. The tub it comes in is a bit flimsly and for whatever reason, I have to work at getting the lid off. It slides on instead of being screwed on. As to the product itself, it is excellent.

The price is great. Originally $7.99 but now $9.99, it is a steal considering how good it is. And we all know how much high quality shaving products can cost.
The scent has an old world barbershop tone to it. I'm liking it more and more.
The latherability, it is very easy. Using either a badger or a boar, I just swirl the brush on it 5 or 6 times on top of the cream and go straight to my face.
Efficacy, again another 10 for this category. It does what it's supposed to and it does it well. I get BBS shaves using it.
Moisturizing properties, after shaving, I've noticed that my normally oily skin feels soft and neither dry or oily. The only product that I can think of that would be better in this category is MWF.

We've all read and discussed in threads about if we had to choose only one product, one cream or soap, what it would be. And for me, I think that this could very well be that one.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Lather, scent, cost.
Cons: None
I've been using this product for the last week. I cannot complain one bit about, even here in the Afghanistan desert this product holds up under extreme heat. Easy to lather, smooth on the face both during the shave and after. Moisturizes like nobody's business. Excellent product! I would highly recommend.
Mike
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: The scent - the lather
Cons: Doesn't soften my bread as well as other products
Like others said it very nice - smells great and very rich lather but I have beard on my face when I do three passes. With other products I just don't.
If you have a light beard this is very nice but if tou have steel wire no.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Slick and creamy lather. Scent is subtle but pleasant.
Cons: Tub is not the best
After having had the product for a few weeks, I think I have a pretty good handle on it. Not that it took long to figure out. It performed well from the start. And it continues to do so no matter the brush or build.

I have found Razorock's soft soaps to be excellent in terms of lather, scent and skin feel. It really is a wonderful product. Top shelf all the way, except for the tub. But I can easily overlook the tub because of the quality and price of what it contains.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
So now that I've gotten some shaves with this new cream under my belt, I feel that it is time for a review. I would definitely classify this as a cream rather than a soap. Its a firm cream, but it isn't hard enough for me to consider it a soap.

I ordered this from Italian Barber. It was $7.99, discounted from $8.99, and of course I bought enough goodies to get the free shipping.

Price: 150 mL of cream for $7.99? Its a good deal. When you factor in the performance, its an absolute steal. It is a little more pricey than the other RazoRock creams, but well worth it. I've only tried the original, which is good, but this one is a totally different league for a very small increase in price

Quality: For the product itself, the quality is phenomenal. It rivals products that cost 4 or 5 times the price. Mine shifted during transit, causing some to become stuck on the top of the lid and making a mess during the first uses. Not a huge problem, but a little annoying. I'd rather have that happen than receive less cream though

Scent: The scent is excellent. The only products I own that smell better are Penhaligons, and the price point isn't even remotely close. It doesn't linger much if at all after the shave though. It smells strongly of citrus, but amazingly, it doesn't smell synthetic at all, which is unusual for italian soft soaps IMO. It is a complex scent, dominated by citrus. I like it, it smells good. But if you can't tell, I'm not a reviewer on basenotes :blush:

Latherability: Swirled on the top of the soap using my brush for about 10 seconds. Added some water, and was rewarded with gobs of slick lather by face-lathering

Efficacy: I found this cream to be rather slick, which I like. It provided plenty of glide and cushion for the blade to glide across. No nicks or weepers, works for me

Moisturizing properties: I always follow up with AS, so this is a bit of a moot point IMO. It left my skin feeling soft, without any dryness. It isn't the same as using AS (obviously?) but it felt moisturizing to me. I think the slickness really helps in this regard

Packaging: This is my main complaint with the cream. I applaud Joe for providing this product in inexpensive packaging. Yea, luxurious packaging is nice, but I don't shave with it. I'm glad he tried to keep costs down. That being said, the thin plastic bowl is terrible. The product shifted around in transit, leaving some on the top of the lid. Worse, however, is the lid doesn't close securely on the base. It must be warped or something, because it sticks up higher than it should. Despite playing with it and pushing down from different angles, I can't get the lid on right. I'm glad that the packaging keeps the price down, but I'd honestly rather pay an extra dollar or 2 for a twist off lid or a heavier-duty plastic tub. I would rate this lower, but considering the cost, I think it deserves a little slack

All in all this is a [strike]fantastic[/strike] phenomenal cream. I use soaps almost exclusively, but I love it. The scent is great, and not at all synthetic. The performance is top notch. Similar to the AoS creams, which are much more expensive. I bought this blindly, and boy am I glad I did. I absolutely love it, and my go-to products are Penhaligons, AoS, Cade, and KK. I'd say it rates just as highly as them, with a scent that is only trumped by Pen's. Joe hit a home-run with this one. If you're reading this review and haven't tried it, you owe it to yourself to pick it up from Italian Barber or Bullgoose. I can't recommend it more
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
RazoRock XXX is an in-house product developed and sold by ItalianBarber.com Even though it's very new it is quickly moving up to the top of my rotation - the scent is intoxicating and classy, with a strong, clean neroli note and the performance is on par with the costliest creams out there - Castle Forbes and Acqua di Parma (incidentally, XXX is almost a dead ringer for AdP Colonia's scent). The texture seems slightly different and XXX's colour is a tad ligher than AdP. But they are very very close together. I am amazed at how ItalianBarber is able to bring such a combination of quality and scent at such a ridiculously low price.

The cream loads very easily, I used my Rooney Heritage Stubby 1 brush for maybe 10 seconds or so and was able to whip up enough thick, slick, aromatic and stable lather for three passes. XXX makes the razor glide effortlessly and doesn't dry up on my face like some of the much more expensive creams that I have. I had no irritation after the shave and after I dried my face I had no unpleasant "pulling" which some other shaving products seem to produce due to their drying nature. My face felt clean, moisturized and was breathing with every pore. I finished off with RazoRock aftershave wax which is another amazing product by ItalianBarber.

The only thing I didn't rate as a 10 is the packaging, but honestly, I don't really mind the flimsy plastic tub, which is similar to the Proraso, perhaps a bit thinner. I am a lot happier to pay $7.99 for XXX than $60+ for Acqua di Parma even though the latter comes in a stately and sleek container :) All things considered XXX at the current price is an absolute steal.

I have enough high-end creams and soaps to last me at least 5 years but I know that my tub of XXX will be seeing a lot of action and will most likely I will stock up on a few more tubs of this wonderful cream to make sure I can continue to enjoy it. My hat off to Joseph of ItalianBarber for bringing this amazing value deal to the market!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)